Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

All Welcome  - Who can say where the roads meet

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by [PM] Posts: N/A — Threads:
Rostislav

She notices my limp. But really, it's hard not to. A poor lamed beast I am, looking ridiculous, I'm sure. I shake my head, ignoring her question as concern dances across my expression, brow furrowed. Woman first. Man later. My muzzle continues to wander over her, searching for what has caused her to fly into the Night Court. Her words of Damaris enter my mind and are immediately shoved to the back. I cannot have a relaxed, enjoyable conversation when I'm worried about your safety, woman! Calm down, Rostislav. She is fine. Damaris croons in my mind, amusement woven through her soothing words. If she were injured I would be able to scent it. She's right of course - her nose KNOWS things. Knows things a horse, prey animal not predator, would not be able to pick up on.

Sure enough, Weir tries to calm my fears, assuring me that she is just fine. She ran to see me. To see me? I blink at her, my heart responding but my brain struggling to keep up. That dedicated to.. to finding me and seeing me again? She recalls our last encounter, as if knowing that the memory is flitting through my mind, projected up front and center. I'd thought there was something wrong before, that I'd offended her somehow and given her cause to draw back. Perhaps I had but here she is apologizing. She tries to explain, but it comes out vague and more of a riddle than an answer. I cock my head to the side, like a goofy German Shepherd. I want to shush her, shush the striped mare and tell her she doesn't have to apologize. But she already did.

She rubs against me, pale hide against my dark one. Her sweat crusty on her body rubs against my smooth one. How did I end up the clean one? I snort and shake my head with a chuckle as Weir walks away, down toward the lake. I follow slowly, like I'm being pulled on a string after her, unable to walk away even if I wanted to. I pause at the edge of the water, watching her, entranced. I begin to answer the questions she's thrown at me as the gears in my brain stir, creaking. "I'm ok.. or I will be. I was in a fight and took a hard hit. It just needs time." I grunt, brushing aside the injury like it's nothing, even though it's not nothing. I glance over at Damaris who has casually followed me. "Yes, this is Damaris. She's my bonded -- a hellhound." I smile at the hound, then begin to enter the water after my dear.

You read that right.

WC: 450
Tag: @Weir @Reichenbach
I still want Reich to crash this :D

Rosti thoughts | "Rosti speech" | Damaris mindspeak

Rostislav
more than a drunken fool
x - x

Messages In This Thread
Who can say where the roads meet - by Weir - 08-09-2017, 10:37 PM
RE: Who can say where the roads meet - by Rostislav - 08-11-2017, 04:27 PM
RE: Who can say where the roads meet - by Weir - 08-13-2017, 12:47 AM