Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

All Welcome  - Who can say where the roads meet

Users browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)

Played by [PM] Posts: N/A — Threads:
Rostislav

My attention is on Weir, watching her swim and splash. Flicks of water come at me and I turn my head playfully, as if to avoid the droplets. She encourages me to come in farther, and I do, entering until the water comes up to where my neck connects to my chest. She speaks to Damaris, and I tilt my head when she mentions "strong wolf." I've never heard her mention this before, and I wonder where the name came from. If she will ever tell me.

The thought is driven from my mind when a great splash drives up waves of water, practically drowning me in its wake. I sputter and shake my head. My forelock hangs over my eyes, twisted around my horns. Damaris barks, irritated with the king that swims in the lake next to us. She shakes herself out and moves away from the bank, choosing to lie down in the grass instead. I snort at the soaked bay, narrowing my eyes at first, then I break into a cheerful grin.

The king doesn't greet me verbally, but his eyes glance my way with matching cheer. "Hello Comrade!" I speak informally. It will take a bashing to get me to speak with any sort of hierarchal title nonsense. Aren't we all comrades in arms? I find myself feeling protective as he talks to Weir.... not so much that I fear for her safety, but that I fear for her.. innocence. Not that I presume to know much about that aspect of her life. But while I may toot my own horn plenty, this is a handsome sovereign. The jealousy creeps through me as they exchange friendly greetings, but not enough to ruin my mood.

A shiver runs through me from the cool water, before Weir gets my attention. She moves a little baggy toward me and I take it from her, letting the little drawstring hang from one of my horns. Her instructions are clear, but I frown with perplexion. "And how am I supposed to heat it exactly?" Am I just being stupid? I glance to Reichenbach to see if he knows the answer. Still, inside, I'm thinking it might be more macho to just deal with the pain. I'm made of tough stuff.

WC: 379
Tag: @Weir @Reichenbach

Rosti thoughts | Rosti speech | Damaris mindspeak

Rostislav
more than a drunken fool
x - x

Messages In This Thread
Who can say where the roads meet - by Weir - 08-09-2017, 10:37 PM
RE: Who can say where the roads meet - by Rostislav - 08-11-2017, 04:27 PM
RE: Who can say where the roads meet - by Weir - 08-13-2017, 12:47 AM
RE: Who can say where the roads meet - by Rostislav - 08-29-2017, 07:38 PM
RE: Who can say where the roads meet - by Reichenbach - 08-29-2017, 09:06 PM