Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

All Welcome  - Tell me what you see...

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by [PM] Posts: N/A — Threads:
Reichenbach

ON RAGLAN ROAD ON AN AUTUMN DAY
I SAW HIM FIRST AND KNEW
THAT HIS DARK HAIR WOULD WEAVE A SNARE
THAT I MIGHT ONE DAY RUE 

He wasn't often within the walls of the castle, preferring to have open sky and wild earth above and below him - yet despite his preference for an open sky, Reichenbach found a certain beauty in the halls of his parliament. It wasn't built for glamour or arrogance, it wasn't an artistic expression or bounty of wealth, the castle was cold stone walls and solid structure, it was history and memories. How many before him had walked the same hall? How many secrets had been whispered with only the stones to hear? While the thought was comforting, it was also unnerving - a heavy thought that felt sticky and cloying upon him as he stood in the inky darkness. 

Usually the castle was lit by flaming torches, but some of the cavernous building was rarely used and so seldom was lit. It was this darkness that a lot of the more secretive members of his court relished, a darkness that did not so much reflect Night but the absence of light. Reichenbach left the quiet halls thankfully, silver eyes flicking back to the ancient building even as he descended it's steps and began a quiet, easy walk through the city. The night was quiet for Denocte - usually the skies were abuzz with the sound of singing, laughing and performing. A few residents wandered past and Reichenbach gave them each a pleasant smile and dip of his great head, receiving bright smiles in return. 

Pausing a moment, Reichenbach turned to gaze upward at the quiet stars, ears flicking at the sound of unfamiliar hoofbeats. His head lowered as his argent gaze slid over mottled skin, swallowing the mare in depthless silver, sliding wordlessly to the scars upon her body and then to her vibrant purple eyes. 

"What made you come to the Night Court?"

Was his sudden question, his voice echoing melodically despite the distance between them. For she was undoubtedly new to the Court, if not the land, and he was intensely curious to see why she would choose (if, in fact, it had been a choice) their Court of wild things. There was a stretch of silence as he stepped a little closer, eyes gleaming. 

ON GRAFTON STREET IN NOVEMBER
WE TRIPPED LIGHTLY ALONG THE LEDGE
OF A DEEP RAVINE WHERE CAN BE SEEN
THE WORTH OF PASSIONS PLEDGED

@RORSCACH  
ugh sorry this is not my best but I wanted to get something up for you!

Messages In This Thread
Tell me what you see... - by Rorschach - 08-12-2017, 03:35 AM
RE: Tell me what you see... - by Reichenbach - 08-13-2017, 11:15 PM
RE: Tell me what you see... - by Rorschach - 08-20-2017, 02:20 AM
RE: Tell me what you see... - by Reichenbach - 08-24-2017, 01:56 AM
RE: Tell me what you see... - by Rorschach - 09-23-2017, 02:16 AM