Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

All Welcome  - = How I made my millions

Users browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)

Played by [PM] Posts: N/A — Threads:
Maxence

WE HOPE THAT YOU CHOKE
THAT YOU CHOKE

The first to approach was one who hissed but dare not scratch, and barked but wouldn't bite. It was this stupidity - or was it cowardice? - that left Maxence with a slightly bewildered expression on his fac,e his sights crossing from the source of his amusement, across the sky and to the next who approached. The brute clearly only wished for a reaction from the King, to ruffle some feathers and sink into his skin, and so for such a pathetic comment Maxence wouldn't dare deign to oblige him. Instead the Sun King stepped forth, allowing the regent to regard the ignorant butler (if that's what he was), his shoulder perhaps even brushing upon the silk coloured unicorn with the hissing voice on his way past, greeting Florentine with a courteous nod of his lofty head.

Maxence was prepared to greet the flowery woman as a friend and it was only when she abruptly corrected the regent that he paused in his step, one foot crossing to his left in a subconscious measure of protection over Avdotya; a woman he counted among his few closer friends in this world. Watching, waiting, his eyes cool and radiant as Florentine continued with perfumed words that felt as though they even sought to kiss the insides of his ears. All Maxence heard, though, were false manners and dishonesty - If she could just say what she was thinking and skip the niceties they would all be better off, though perhaps it was just that when he looked at Florentine he saw too many smiles at the wrong moment, leading him to believe she hid every thought and every emotion behind good manners and polite expressions.

In good time the subject of his wearing patience finally appeared, a sea of stars and moons freckling her every inch. He wondered why she dwelt here in the dusk court when she appeared more wintry and terrestrial than any other - perhaps these shores were not her home like many others. It was her own sideways scold that brought the King's perpetual frown to a close, his eyes narrowing for a moment before his jaw dropped to speak.
"We are Solterran. We have to wait for food, wait for water, for rain. There's not a thing you can tell me about patience when things you need not even wish for are at your fingertips" As he spoke this his eyes cast over the vast, luscious fields that he stood upon that would provide an endless amount of food, and then over his shoulder in the direction of a swamp and stream where water was abundant. In the land of the sun it was not uncommon to go days without food and spend all day looking for water. 

"But I did not come here to bicker" The lion rumbled, gaze soon flicking to the silken idiot who had sought to challenge him moments ago. "I am Maxence. Avdotya and Seraphina are my advisors. We wish to know where you stand with our court - are you friend or foe to the people of solterra?" 

AND YOU CAN LAUGH 
A SPINELESS LAUGH
WE HOPE THAT YOU CHOKE
THAT YOU CHOKE

@Morozko

Messages In This Thread
= How I made my millions - by Maxence - 08-15-2017, 06:05 AM
RE: = How I made my millions - by Morozko - 08-15-2017, 10:09 AM
RE: = How I made my millions - by Avdotya - 08-18-2017, 10:26 AM
RE: = How I made my millions - by Florentine - 08-18-2017, 04:49 PM
RE: = How I made my millions - by Rannveig - 08-22-2017, 10:31 PM
RE: = How I made my millions - by Seraphina - 09-01-2017, 09:15 PM