Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

Private  - would we be better off by now if i'd let my walls come down

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by Offline Zombie [PM] Posts: 109 — Threads: 15
Signos: 650
Inactive Character

She had told him to try. She had left him thinking, wondering, believing. So many things had been racing through his head, so many self-doubts that he could do this. She didn’t deserve him. Despite the fact that they had more combined baggage than the undercarriage of a cargo ship, Rhone felt bad about potentially dragging another soul down that path, a path he wasn’t sure he could go down. Sure, he could play the part, taking her on date after date, letting her love him, and saying all the right things. But none of that would be real. Rhone wasn’t sure how real he could get with her, so it had taken him time since their last meeting.

But in the end, he owed it to her and to himself to really try.

He might be scared and he recognized that that the butterflies he felt in his stomach were a mixture of nerves and excitement. While he didn’t think it was the best course of action, there was still a part of his heart that yearned to feel those feelings of love and affection again. Was Luvena the girl for him? He would never know unless he tried.

A letter was sent to Denocte, a letter for only her eyes to read.

Luvena,

Come to Terminus Sea on the day of the next full moon at sunset.

-R

Someone wise had told him that the sunset was far more beautiful than the sunrise, something he always watched in Terrastella. He supposed now was good a time as any to view it.

On the day of the full moon, Rhone had set out early. He had work to do in making this date memorable. By the time the sun was just beginning to set, Rhone had prepared a beautiful landscape filled with wildflowers of every species. Cherry blossoms, like the tattoo on his hip, sprouted from the ground and rained petals on the area before him. Weeping willows surrounded the small intimate setting, their tendrils waving in the winds of the sea, beckoning her to follow them.

This setting was just on the edge of the beach and there was very little divider from the fallen cherry blossom petals to the start of the sandy beaches. His headache was still aching, a side effect of using his magic to create such a beautiful intimate place. All around him was lanterns strung between branches to offer some soft light. She did not like fire, so he had to think of some way to ensure they had adequate light in this setting. Blankets and rugs created a pallet softer than a mattress and was decorated with pillows and cushions befitting a king.

And it was here that he waited for her. Eyes looking out at the beginnings of the sunset, the colors started to give way into reds and oranges.

@Luvena

Messages In This Thread
would we be better off by now if i'd let my walls come down - by Rhone - 01-14-2021, 11:38 PM