Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

Private  - Long, long road

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by Offline Dyzzie [PM] Posts: 132 — Threads: 23
Signos: 6,637
Night Court Medic
Female [She/Her/Hers/We]  |  Immortal [Year 497 Spring]  |  15 hh  |  Hth: 32 — Atk: 28 — Exp: 70  |    Active Magic: Breath of Life  |    Bonded: Tiana (Soul-Spirit)

Caelum
hey, say you got a long, long road you're travellin'
so just follow that track, send a postcard back
and you'll be okay
The trip was long over due, almost embarrassingly so.

How long had she back in Novus? And she was just now searching out her only friend . . . well, no, not only friend . . . . Huehuecoyotl was here too after all. But, Luvena was another story. She was familiar, her history so similar to her own. A friendship built on shared walks. They didn't have to imagine with the other, for they both understood some of where the other had been. And yet, it had taken this long for Caelum to come walking down the Markets, along back roads, a familiar path to the clinic that housed one of the few who could manage to draw slight smiles from her - real smiles.

When had it become so hard to give a real smile.

It was a fragile thing, like a new bud trying to push up through the snow, a small chance of surviving, a greater chance of disappearing. Her emotions felt like that, her smiles, her joy, her happiness. Fighting against the cold, the desolute, the nothing it was so hard . . . . so, so hard at times. Her travel was soundless, her wings fluttering, and shifting off a delicate amount of dust that settled on the ground around her, behind her, a trail of iridescence should anyone wish to follow her. Who would be interested in her though. She was a no-name here. She was a simple mare, with fairy wings. They looked at her and didn't see her. She was just another healer, another medic. No one knew the truth. She didn't tell them the truth.

She often wondered what they might do if they did know.

Know her healing came from the learning of an ancient breed of true fae steeds. That her magic would swell up soon, and that healing would heighten until she could practically counter death. She could bring new life to dead plains, she'd be able to breath and watch that breath give life to everything it touched. What would the others do if they knew the tea-master, when she would serve them in the future, was a Queen of her own nation. What would they do if she ever gave her proper titles, her proper name? She could imagine the awkwardness at the worst that would come from her muzzle if she did: Her Majesty, the Lady of the Fae, the Light of Summer, Queen Caelum Bella Knoxx, of the Royal House of Knoxx, the ruling family of Florumian Court, the Blessed Flower of Primulan City. She'd stop time if she introduced herself truthfully.

She'd be laughed out of the Night Courts.

She definitely didn't feel like a Queen. She liked being just Caelum. And that's what she was in these market streets. A few dipped their heads in greetings, others asked her how her tea shop was going. She exchanged simple pleasantries, told others that the walls were finally up, but it still wasn't near being ready to open. But she didn't stay to chat, she had a place to go. She stopped at the door, her hooves touching down, her wings folding flat, as she tossed her ivory mane from her face. A knock of her hoof on the door jam, a soft voice calling out, "Luvena? It is Caelum? I have some presents for you from my travels abroad." The pack at her side was proof of that, as she stepped more fully into the door way, "I apologize, deeply, for my tardiness to deliver these. I have been rather busy with putting up my tea shop. I do, however, bring you herbs and plants I gathered during my time away, as well as a few seeds from my homelands. Would you care to see what all I have for you?" She asked in greeting.

"Speech"
Thoughts
@Luvena
Notes: Swapping of Recipes and Samples! Brewing buddies man! 

hey, say you got a long, long road you're travellin'
and if you feel unsure, well i been there before
and you'll be okay now
art by bingo

Messages In This Thread
Long, long road - by Caelum - 08-20-2021, 07:13 PM
RE: Long, long road - by Luvena - 08-20-2021, 09:04 PM
RE: Long, long road - by Caelum - 08-20-2021, 10:44 PM
RE: Long, long road - by Luvena - 08-22-2021, 10:13 PM
RE: Long, long road - by Caelum - 08-22-2021, 10:34 PM
RE: Long, long road - by Luvena - 08-23-2021, 05:36 PM
RE: Long, long road - by Caelum - 08-26-2021, 11:59 PM