Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

Private  - Long, long road

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by Offline Dyzzie [PM] Posts: 132 — Threads: 23
Signos: 6,637
Night Court Medic
Female [She/Her/Hers/We]  |  Immortal [Year 497 Spring]  |  15 hh  |  Hth: 32 — Atk: 28 — Exp: 70  |    Active Magic: Breath of Life  |    Bonded: Tiana (Soul-Spirit)

Caelum
hey, say you got a long, long road you're travellin'
so just follow that track, send a postcard back
and you'll be okay
Caelum's gaze was soft, but reserved.

It was hard not to be when met with that sort of a reply, "I do not think I know how to be selfish, truly, Lu." Her words were barely a whisper, as a sad smile twisted her features, "After all, are we queens not raised to be selfless, to put their people first?" Her voice had dropped even lower for that, as if afraid the wrong ears could hear as if afraid someone would come barging in with curiosity as if she'd be forced to admit to anyone else that she was a weak queen who had ran away.

Why did her people still call her Queen?

She had latched onto this new topic like a lifeline, shaking focus off of herself like a heavy mantle she'd grown weary of. Here was something she could eagerly hear all about. She hummed at her friend as she tried to talk round it quickly, call it off as nothing, cutting herself off to deny the idea of the other feeling the same. "Well, how can you know if they did or did not if you do not ask?" She asked innocently, trying to keep the grin from her muzzle to see her friend's emotions all over the place.

It filled her heart with joy to see this side of Luvena.

She tilted her head, nodding about the situation that had been Lu and Rhone, and then there was a slip, a pause, and Caelum leaped at it with all four hooves, "Oh, she does, does she? Is she a "she" I might know? Perhaps you should introduce me, I can give her the friendly work over, test her for best friend's approval, make sure she is good enough for you, Lu." She teased gently before her expression softened, her tone turned more serious, "If she feels right, then do not hesitate to find out where it could go." She paused, a flash of the fanged grin in her mind's eye, "Even a few months with the right one, is better than no time with them at all."

Her smile had turned melancholy with the memories.

Happier times, easier times, "Tremaine was my 'feels right.'" The name left her with a sweet caress of emotion, a softness, a fragility for a name she didn't, ever, speak aloud anymore. "We were like fire and ice. A fae and a demon. My people were appalled, but it was just . . . so right to be together. A wholeness I had felt when I was with him. It ended tragically, yes, but if I could go back in time, I would make those same choices, because the little bit of time I had with him was worth the pain that came after losing him."

Why did it hurt so much, still though?

She turned her gaze to her friend, smiling, "Although, I would hope you a lifetime of happiness with your right one." She added, before the topic of losing Lu came up. It was like a cold blade of ice through her heart, another loved one lost, leaving her alone, alone. She didn't want to be alone, to lose Luvena like she'd lost so many others she cared for. Luvena might be 'just a friend,' but it didn't mean Caelum didn't feel a platonic love for her. She was the first friend she had made in Novus, and their connection now ran deep. Losing her was terrifying. So she let her friend distract her with the playful banner.

She was good at letting herself get distracted.

Sheltering away from pain, from fear, from the emotional hurricane buried deep in her soul that she refused to acknowledge. A largely unhealthy decision, but she found it easier to get through the days, weeks, months, years with those emotions locked away in a box, where they couldn't touch her. "Mhmm, true, that is a lot of power, we would not want you to go tyrant over my gardens, greenhouse, and storage room, now would we. Perhaps, it would be in the best interest of all to revoke your graciously offered right." The fae suggested with a soft laugh, before smiling reassuringly, "But, I promise, I have more than enough to go around."

And she knew Luvena wouldn't take and use selfishly.

Caelum couldn't help the thrill of excitement at the idea, her hooves almost seeming to prance in the dirt lightly, her smile vibrant, "I certainly hope so. It's odd enough to find my immortality coming in, to see wounds heal faster, but to be able to harness my powers properly, to breath the life into a dying plant, to convince the earth to move for me, to heal with a touch . . ." Her mother was supposed to be here to help train her, lead her, show her how to harness it all properly. And in the future, when her birth right came into play, when that summer gift of the ruling class came to be, her father was meant to show her how to control their season.

It was a momentary reminder they were gone.

She turned towards her friend, pausing to hear what she had to say, and smiling slightly as she allowed to distraction once more, "Oh, perhaps we should go shopping together, I'm sure there must be some enchanting merchants who could give you some glowing baubles!"

"Speech"
Thoughts
@Luvena
Notes: <3

hey, say you got a long, long road you're travellin'
and if you feel unsure, well i been there before
and you'll be okay now
art by bingo

Messages In This Thread
Long, long road - by Caelum - 08-20-2021, 07:13 PM
RE: Long, long road - by Luvena - 08-20-2021, 09:04 PM
RE: Long, long road - by Caelum - 08-20-2021, 10:44 PM