Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

Private  - Not So Tall Tales

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by [PM] Posts: N/A — Threads:
Hugan

by franknsteins by War-Colt

HUGAN GRAVES
Let me paint this clear, life is short, my dear.

Light had soon been devoured by darkness, the sun taken over by the dull light of the moon. Stars sparkled behind gaps in the clouds, a cool breeze drifting through the lands. The grass at the stallion's hooves shuffled as he made his way through it, his heavy, matted tail dragging along behind him. From his forehead, protruded a large horn, its surface black as coal, but its core green as springtime. Intricately carved eyes stared before the stallion, giving off a soft glow from the bright moon overhead, as if they were keeping watch on the road ahead for him.

As Hugan certainly was not.

Every step of the way, the stallion had his good eye peeking over his shoulder; at every rustle in the grass or flap of a bird's feather. He was new to these lands and it obviously showed. Despite him having met a few others in passing and his court chosen, the once-was wanderer did not feel entirely safe in the darkness of the new land. When do you ever feel safe? He mused to himself, a smirk pulling at the corner of his lips at the thought, one of his golden teeth showing through a parted maw.

It was true, the ex ambassador never did feel safe. There were times that he longed to be a child again; not a care in the world and his clan to keep him safe. Sure, his father had taught him how to fight, how to defend himself, but he had convinced himself it would not be needed.. Well if his time alone had taught him anything, it was that anything could happen at any time.. and if one was not prepared..

He stopped as a shadow fell over him, his thoughts pulled back into reality as he glanced up at what so dared to block what little light he had. Before him stood a castle larger than he had seen in a while. Its worn stone and brick showed years of wear, but it still stood tall and strong against the elements. Something about it reminded him of home, but he was quick to remove such thoughts from his mind.

Perhaps this was the hub of his court, the place he had been told about from those passing by. His shoulders rose and fell in a deep sigh before he placed an emerald hoof before an ebony; he had might as well check it out now that he was here.

413 | @Reichenbach
I apologize for my rusty writing, i just need some time to get used to him :'D

Messages In This Thread
Not So Tall Tales - by Hugan - 08-22-2017, 09:02 PM
RE: Not So Tall Tales - by Reichenbach - 08-22-2017, 10:51 PM
RE: Not So Tall Tales - by Hugan - 08-23-2017, 07:27 PM
RE: Not So Tall Tales - by Reichenbach - 08-28-2017, 09:10 PM