Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

All Welcome  - I am Not Throwing Away My Shot

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by [PM] Posts: N/A — Threads:
Cress

There's no walls & no ceilings as far as I know
just the echo of scars and the unbeaten road

Gently, the sun was setting.

It let its colors spill across the horizon, a sink overflowing in reds and gold, lapping creamy clouds and tinting them pink. The wind milled through the evening air, stirring the warm air through yucca stalks and sumac branches, tall grasses and thistle. It was peaceful, as it had been earlier that morning, but this picturesque finery was not about to be shattered by the crash landing of a small, four-legged blue jay – no, this stillness was for keeps.

Since arriving that morning, our feathered friend had wandered the cliffs and crags, exploring all the little nooks and crannies that the seaside had to offer. She was no closer to an answer of ‘where’, but she’d been enjoying herself nonetheless. Her haunches were still somewhat sore from her earlier scrapes, but the steady movement throughout the day had kept the muscles from stiffening, and besides, Cress was too involved in her explorations to notice a little tenderness. 

Now, back toward the top, she gazed out at the sunset, watching as a few gulls headed inland from the sea. For a moment, the smallest of moments, a touch of nostalgia threatened to sweep over her as completely as the waves that crashed below, but she pushed it aside. Yes, she missed her flock and family, but she was here to explore, to learn, and to live. She couldn’t have had that there.

Movement caught her eye, as it tends to do, and she watched as a horned silhouette walked down the slope, headed away from someone else still facing the sea. She wondered why they were parting, but more importantly, if either of them knew where she was. Her brief melancholy forgotten, she trotted toward them, pausing to half hop, half glide across a few gaps where the rocky ledges gave way to open air.

By the time she’d arrived, the first one was long gone, his shape rapidly dwindling in the darkening flora. She glanced toward the other, a light colored Pegasus and headed her way, the feathers on her head lifting in curiosity as she took in her appearance and wings.

“Hullo!” She said brightly, folding the blue wings against her backside, tips neatly crossing over her haunches. “I’m Cress! Your wings are very pretty.” She added with a small head bob, candle-bright eyes a vibrant gold in the light of the setting sun. Her words were a compliment, but almost said as if this was a standard greeting – and perhaps it was, the little Pegasus came from a flock of odd customs. 

“You wouldn’t happen to know where we are, would you?” She asked quickly, before she could forget to do so.

@Israfel

IMAGE;HTML♥

Messages In This Thread
I am Not Throwing Away My Shot - by Israfel - 08-26-2017, 08:16 PM
RE: I am Not Throwing Away My Shot - by Morozko - 08-26-2017, 10:26 PM
RE: I am Not Throwing Away My Shot - by Israfel - 09-01-2017, 11:48 PM
RE: I am Not Throwing Away My Shot - by Cress - 09-04-2017, 06:23 PM