Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

All Welcome  - one day I'll know how far I'll go

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by [PM] Posts: N/A — Threads:
Finnian

F I N N I A N
IT'S ALL UPHILL FROM HERE

The voice pulled him from his reveries with a suddenness that made his flinch. Jerking the head up and around to see who it was that addressed him, Finnian found himself face to face with an angel.

It was cheesy, but he really had no better word to describe her. The young girl seemed spun out of clouds and sunlight,
a masterpiece wrought by some god (he didn't know how close he came to the truth) or by the universe itself, brought to earth by some fickle play of fates or perhaps as a gift, to teach mortals how to better their ways. He sure knew he was searching his conscience already, scouring his motives for something that was not merely awe and delight, something that was perhaps a shade less honorable, a little more morally questionable.

Being a young man, he found plenty, and it worried him more than he wanted to let on.

There was a slightly awkward silence where the golden youth merely gawked at the girl, eyes wide with startled delight and mouth half open (rather unintelligent, that look, but what can you do). But then he shook himself and nodded, agreeing with an open smile;

"Yes indeed, very beautiful."  Those glittering eyes, lingering upon her gilded frame, made it hard to tell whether he was still talking about the scenery. "Why don't ye join me, lady? It is a fine day, and I would appreciate someone to talk to."

He made room for her by the balustrade with a graceful sidestep and inclined the dark horn in a polite invitation. Hopefully his ministrations would be perceived as gentlemanly and elegant, as he intended and had been taught to appear, but frankly Finnian felt more awkward than genteel. Keenly aware of his unkempt mane and the coarseness of his still healing vocal cords, he feared she would merely laugh and leave. That would be... less than fortunate, because then he would have to search the whole citadel for someone who knew her name.

"I am Finnian, a newcomer to these lands and this Court. Might I be so bold as to ask whom ye might be?"

Yes, better indeed to ask first than stand around and wait for the honor. Did he sound as stiff and overly formal as he thought he did? Initium knew it had been a long time since he spoke to any girl, and he was sure he'd never met anyone quite as pretty as this. No doubt he would make a fool of himself, sooner or later.

@
space

@Israfel

Messages In This Thread
one day I'll know how far I'll go - by Finnian - 08-27-2017, 10:20 AM
RE: one day I'll know how far I'll go - by Finnian - 09-05-2017, 12:46 PM