Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

All Welcome  - i want so much more than they've got planned

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by [PM] Posts: N/A — Threads:
Ygraine

ygraine;

And as I lit the fuse and ran for cover,
where were you?
Standing with your hands on the flame

The pale-faced lady followed alongside the blonde stallion, her pace mirroring his while they began their languid pace. Ygraine certainly didn’t mind it, at least this early in the morning; she wasn’t one of those who enjoyed their morning runs through the forest or across the meadow. She was more of the type to take her time getting up to speed with the day, for she wasn’t one that was in much of any particular hurry lest the situation warranted it. Maybe later in the day that would change and she’d fancy herself a sprint across the meadow and beyond, but for now she was perfectly content with their stroll. It was not only a time for them to continue their conversation, but it was also precious time for her to take in the sights and landmarks without them blurring past her while running at full speed.

Her ears perked in his direction upon hearing him clear his throat, garnering her attention as seen by her pale sky eyes glancing in his direction as well. The question asked wasn’t a terribly far-fetched one, just not one she had pondered extensively on just yet though she certainly had an idea. ”Although I’m far from the most skilled, I’d say I’m a bit of a healer,” she replied, her tone predictably modest. Ygraine had a good basic education thanks to her dearly departed mentor, the elderly one-eyed mare Vivyn. ”I learned my skill of herbalism from a senile old mare, probably was some kind of crazy forest witch if I ever saw one,” she continued on, smirking a little at the end of her sentence.

From her memories, though the palomino elder had never explicitly told Ygraine of her true nature, the odds were that she was in fact some kind of magicker. That, and there were many a time that Ygraine had caught the old mare worshipping the old ways in the dark of night, singing songs to the earth Mother and burning flowers to earn Her good graces. However, the jury was still out in the grey lady’s mind on which Gods she wanted to believe; she just wasn’t going to be the one to ruin her teacher’s happiness. To each their own, and it wasn’t her place to tell anyone different.

She then spoke up again; her mind returned from the brief journey her memories took her on. ”I seek to always learn what I can about the world; I am a student first, and this earth is the material: everything from its inhabitants, the weather, it’s all something I wish to understand,” she said, a certain spark notable in her tone; her studies were something she was passionate about, almost as much as her practice of medicine. ”Everything is connected, and the more I am familiar with, the more I can help others.” Ygraine couldn’t help but chuckle a little at the end of all that. ”My, didn’t know I could sound so idealistic...”

---
Here’s text.
”Here’s speech.”

tag: @Somnus | words: 529 | music: HERE | table credit: HERE

Messages In This Thread
i want so much more than they've got planned - by Ygraine - 08-27-2017, 12:27 PM
RE: i want so much more than they've got planned - by Ygraine - 08-27-2017, 10:42 PM
RE: i want so much more than they've got planned - by Ygraine - 08-30-2017, 05:09 PM
RE: i want so much more than they've got planned - by Ygraine - 09-04-2017, 12:58 PM
RE: i want so much more than they've got planned - by Ygraine - 09-05-2017, 10:55 PM