Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

All Welcome  - you can run if you want to

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by [PM] Posts: N/A — Threads:
Cress

& those dizzy stargazers
who dreamed of the black
kept their heads in the clouds
& they never looked back

Our little blue jay has been called many things in her life, the vast majority of which were not said to her face, but genius? Genius was absolutely not one of them. For those keeping score here, the petite sky-blue mare wasn’t the brightest bulb in the box, not the sharpest tool in the shed, not the...well, let’s not overdo it, I think you’ve gotten the point. As sweet and kind as she was, she was neither book smart, nor street smart, and this guess was really just a miracle shot in the dark that she’d gotten something right.

Maybe I’m being mean… maybe I don’t give her enough credit…
Well. This is the same girl that tries to talk to frogs.

Regardless of my musings, Cress practically preened at the compliment, yellow-orange eyes bright and round. Sorry Maude, there’s definitely no getting rid of her now, she’d decided the two of you will be friends for life, even though she doesn’t know your name yet!

She paused at the girl’s words about how she’d arrived there. She herself was no stranger to suddenly arriving in strange lands, sometimes with very little recollection of how she’d gotten there. Sometimes it was as if certain places just… snatched her into their realm, and then just as suddenly spit her back out again somewhere else. It was all part of her adventure and journey, really, and she just didn’t question it.

“Hmm. I’m not sure! I remember being in another place, and I met a lot of friends there. And then I had flown somewhere else and…suddenly the way back wasn’t there anymore, so I kept going forward. And then there were all these cool islands…and then I thought I saw another island in the distance so I flew toward it and… then the other islands were gone and I was landing here! Talking to you!” She grinned, as if she thought this was the best possible ending to her story.

They continued talking about the court then, and at first Cress was confused by her friend’s words, titling her head a bit to the side until she clarified. “Oh!” Cress shifted her wings a little on her back, unfolding one for a moment and glancing at it briefly. “Well, I’d walk there with you of course! It wouldn’t be fun to fly there alone!” She bobbed her head with a smile.

“And it’s okay that you don’t! You have such pretty antlers! They’re really cool! No on in my family has anything like that!” She reached out to gently nudge the girl’s shoulder earnestly.

@Maude - sorry for the delay!!
IMAGE;HTML♥

Messages In This Thread
you can run if you want to - by Cress - 08-28-2017, 09:58 PM
RE: you can run if you want to - by Maude - 09-05-2017, 09:18 AM
RE: you can run if you want to - by Cress - 09-07-2017, 01:01 PM
RE: you can run if you want to - by Maude - 09-08-2017, 09:34 AM
RE: you can run if you want to - by Cress - 09-13-2017, 07:02 PM
RE: you can run if you want to - by Maude - 09-18-2017, 10:56 AM
RE: you can run if you want to - by Cress - 09-30-2017, 08:33 PM
RE: you can run if you want to - by Maude - 10-02-2017, 10:34 AM