Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

All Welcome  - put your money on me —

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by [PM] Posts: N/A — Threads:
Vadim

Even among those who had adopted Solterra as their home, Vadim struggled to find his place.  He had grown up in a place with a superficial resemblance, the same harshness of environment.  And yet the people had been so different.  His people had been peaceful, more concerned with surviving than with spilling the blood of their neighbors.  Resources were precious and meant to be shared, carefully preserved.  The occasional grievance was settled with a fight surely, if a better solution couldn't be come to.  Better to look into the past, find any precedent in the stories of the ancestors and see if peace could be found that way.  Such were the power of stories.

The golden stallion seems to pause a moment, only moved by the rise and fall of the waves when his dark companion is introduced, considering for a moment.  His eyes are bright and curious.  "I have never met a king before, besides the Day Sovreign."  If you could call it meeting.  He had very little contact with the Night King's counterpart in his own court.  Certainly his interactions had not started off so positively either.  "I am Vadim, and here they call me a sage."  

He hadn't really come to much of an understanding of the title yet.  He knew, abstractly, what a sage was meant to do but their day to day duties and influence in the court eluded him.  Perhaps it was because they simply had so little.  Certainly Inkheart seemed to hold some sway but for all she was the head of sages he felt little kinship to the zealous mare.

"A festival?"  He tosses his head, dancing a little in the waves.  He is getting the hang of them now, learning to move with the water and let it cradle him without feeling as though he is constantly falling.  He had swum before in the still, calm waters of an oasis.  But it was never so deep, so dark, or so strange.  "I would love to attend.  And to see your court."  The second comment is not truly an afterthought, but a warm addition.  He does want to see these different place, learn about them.  If Reichenbach was as like his people and Maxence was then Vadim thought he would enjoy it very much.

@Reichenbach

Messages In This Thread
put your money on me — - by Reichenbach - 09-03-2017, 07:11 AM
RE: put your money on me — - by Vadim - 09-03-2017, 07:50 PM
RE: put your money on me — - by Reichenbach - 09-03-2017, 11:02 PM
RE: put your money on me — - by Vadim - 09-04-2017, 08:19 AM
RE: put your money on me — - by Reichenbach - 09-12-2017, 10:59 PM
RE: put your money on me — - by Vadim - 09-20-2017, 11:37 AM
RE: put your money on me — - by Reichenbach - 10-26-2017, 10:31 PM