Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

All Welcome  - Mountains of the Moon

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by [PM] Posts: N/A — Threads:
Vadim

Raptly he listens to the winged stallion's description of the flight, brief though it is, and there is a certain amount of yearning in his eyes.  Before he came to Novus he had never thought of flight.  It was simply impossible.  The closest he'd gotten was to run in front of the wind and let it lighten his steps and carry him forward.  To flee before a storm, chased by heat lightning and churning sand.  The first time he had seen a winged horse upon the air though, he had known envy.  Never before had he felt like he was lacking something.  To walk upon air.  How wondrous.  

The other's laughter was almost as welcome as the wind on the path- Solterra often seemed like a laughterless place, though Vadim didn't believe it was dead at it's heart.  It just needed a little life breathed into it, like the food they were trying to grow.  The introduction cause a slight quirk of the head, Vadim's bright eyes dancing with silent laughter.  He didn't begrudge the stranger his choice of name.  Though curious now why he chose to go by such a moniker, the golden stallion just curved his neck a little, seeking to bump his shoulder lightly against No-name's in a friendly gesture.  He seemed equally unconcerned by the other stallion's larger height, unintimidated.

"Not for a view of the stars, though I would gladly stay out the night to see them.  I heard the Night Court was on the other side of the mountains and I thought I might see it, if no one objected."  Vadim briefly turned his white-masked face to the sky, though it showed no hint of starlight and he knew it wouldn't.  Then his gaze came back to No-name, still energized by the raging wind.  A peal of thunder rumbled, echoing between the mountains and he jumped a little at the sound, small hooves dancing on the stone beneath him.  Fear or excitement, they bled together in one surge of adrenaline.  

"And what of you, No-name storm walker?"  The compliment (for that was what he had taken 'fair Vadim' to be) had not been lost on him and his voice was light with teasing.  "Did you simply come to see the stars?"

@Valerian

Messages In This Thread
Mountains of the Moon - by Valerian - 09-04-2017, 01:19 AM
RE: Mountains of the Moon - by Vadim - 09-05-2017, 08:04 PM
RE: Mountains of the Moon - by Valerian - 09-07-2017, 11:04 PM
RE: Mountains of the Moon - by Vadim - 09-08-2017, 09:27 AM
RE: Mountains of the Moon - by Valerian - 09-10-2017, 01:11 PM
RE: Mountains of the Moon - by Vadim - 09-11-2017, 11:37 AM