Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

Private  - Wait, they don't love you like I love you

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by [PM] Posts: N/A — Threads:
Jude

Jude
Without losing a piece of me
How do I get to heaven?

Jude is unsure of what to expect from the other kirin, unsure if he’ll be greeted with rebuke or perhaps discomfort at his choice in extremes. Instead there is surprise and Jude stares up into his face before nodding his head slowly. “Yeah for you,” he says, deciding not to mention the overwhelming infatuation he’s felt since the first day they met. Isorath had seen him right as he crawled out from rock bottom, as he shed the skin of his past life and entered a new. When Isorath smiles it is like that first time however long ago and he swears the gods turn a vile shade of green in envy, for no mortal should be this beautiful. His stomach twists into knots and the butterflies awaken, caressing their freshly hatched wings across his ribcage and he lets them fly. The next sentence brings on a sense of relief, Isorath is glad he’s come.. Jude forces back an exaggerated sigh of relief as he quickly gets lost in the act of staring.

He wants to feel at ease and rest but there is still the conundrum of his missing feline. It has become too easy to just rest in the embrace of anxiety and he can feel the butterflies grow sour, their tender kisses turning to blades. What if his cat has been devoured? What if the primitive creatures that inhabited this land were barbaric enough to make a meal of her? Jude doesn’t wish to cry again, enough of his tears have fallen and salted the earth. Isorath’s reassurances do little but he at the very least tries to rewards the effort for comfort with a smile. “I bet she’s just scared,” he whispers, mostly to himself. Mittens is just as far from as he is.

When the conversation shifts back to Isorath, Jude watches as the prince withdraws and it is one to leave him confused. Stories have been untold, sagas unwritten and Jude is desperate to know the plight that kept his prince away. It is a mercy that the other went unmentioned, for his porcelain heart might have broken at the thought of another and he would’ve wilted like a flower in the frost. For now though, he decides not to press for more information. Jude gives an understanding look and doesn’t ask more questions. Everyone has demons and there are times when they are best left unsaid.

Laughter brings him back and Jude is content again until he feels that tender touch. If such a thing was possible, he would’ve been painted in shades of red at the contact from Isorath. “I’ve spent too many nights with a rock as a pillow,” he murmurs as the privilege begins to show through and then his eyes drift to Isorath once again. At the mention of an actual bed his eyes practically glow and he eagerly begins to follow Isorath.

This styling is also nice for some non-obtrusive OOC credits, wordcount or banter. Don't forget that divider up there.

Messages In This Thread
Wait, they don't love you like I love you - by Jude - 09-05-2017, 12:38 AM
RE: Wait, they don't love you like I love you - by Isorath - 09-05-2017, 01:46 AM
RE: Wait, they don't love you like I love you - by Jude - 09-05-2017, 02:48 AM
RE: Wait, they don't love you like I love you - by Isorath - 09-05-2017, 03:56 AM
RE: Wait, they don't love you like I love you - by Jude - 09-05-2017, 04:40 PM
RE: Wait, they don't love you like I love you - by Isorath - 09-08-2017, 10:56 AM
RE: Wait, they don't love you like I love you - by Jude - 09-19-2017, 03:44 PM