Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

All Welcome  - use my Head, alongside my Heart

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by [PM] Posts: N/A — Threads:
Maude

When the field became soft and damp under hoof, the girl was, at first, terribly afraid that she had somehow been returned to the terrible swampland in which this whole nightmare had begun.  Pausing to stare out at it with her nostrils quivering with deep, shaky breaths, and her heart hammering in her chest, the girl breathes a heady sigh of relief when she looks behind her to find the rolling, emerald fields still intact. 

She even manages to make her way into the mire, itself, though slowly, and with great reservation.  Her pale green eyes are always pinned on the horizon for a black pillar, at least when they aren’t fluttering down to her hooves, watchful for the dead. 

A song formulates in the hind of her thoughts, as it almost always does, but she does not cast her words to the wind, still silenced by her memories of the last marsh she had walked.  This one is certainly not it, but the terrible feelings she associates with these wet, earthy smells and the squelch of the mud beneath her dainty, toed hooves is one she associates with the end of the world.

The serenity of this realm, however, is enchanting; even as she moves forward, hocks muddied and the ends of her cream tail sodden and dragging behind her, the youth is slowly moved from fear, to wonder as to what will arrive to view next.  Trees, living ones, not just skeletal remnants with blackened bark and hollow hearts, begin to rise from the murk, and mist swirls about their weathered, unique trunks.  Moss tickles her back from where it dangles from overhead branches, and the only sound about her seems to be her hooves.

Wondering who she’ll meet out here, if anyone at all, she pauses to stare out across the swamp she has not yet crossed, and wonders, too, just what sort of land lays beyond it.

[ OOC: Open to anyone <3 ]

so give me hope in the Darkness
that I will see the Light
Art by neverrmind @ DA

Messages In This Thread
use my Head, alongside my Heart - by Maude - 09-05-2017, 08:41 AM
RE: use my Head, alongside my Heart - by Finnian - 09-05-2017, 03:19 PM
RE: use my Head, alongside my Heart - by Maude - 09-06-2017, 08:13 AM
RE: use my Head, alongside my Heart - by Finnian - 09-06-2017, 12:50 PM
RE: use my Head, alongside my Heart - by Maude - 09-07-2017, 08:58 AM