Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

Private  - Starlight

Users browsing this thread: 4 Guest(s)

Played by [PM] Posts: N/A — Threads:
Aislinn

AISLINN
SHE TASTES LIKE MOONBEAMS AND LAVENDER

Her heart flared and warmed as her new-found company smiled back her. Although the pull of slumber was intoxicating and sweet and always just out of reach, Aislinn returned that welcoming smile, despite the exhaustion that plagued her. Her delicately curved ears pricked forward, keen and listening, open to hear the woman's words. The Champion of Community; a role that Aislinn thought fit the night-blessed woman well.

Is there anything I can do to help?

Her heart shuddered and nearly caved in entirely, but she reined it. Chained it and locked it with a key. Not on this night; no, she would not let her rampant heartache overwhelm her more than it already had. Her sleep robbed, her dreams no more than nightmares. She would not let the pain of his words nor reality come crashing down on a single, waking moment that she drew breath.

No more. She was stronger than that.

"No.. thankfully I think I'm alright, but I greatly appreciate your kindness, Lyra." Truth rung through every word. Clear and beautiful, and with more confidence than she had felt since the moment her king had broken her heart. A lovely smile broadened and brightened her heart, her soul, like a burning star shedding light into the wounds that lay there. Yes.. she would be alright. Aislinn would not accept anything less.

Too long had she let her broken heart hold sway over her; causing internal tsunamis over emotion, tornadoes of piercing ache, and hurricanes of tears now dry upon the cliff side above a stormy sea. But now, her smile reached her eyes, glimmering and fiery and full of that light than burned through her veins. For the first time in ages, the breath that blew through her nostrils and coated her lungs was not filled with the overwhelming perfume of lavender blossoms, or night jasmine, or trembles of grief. She was steady, a pillar of stone, unwavering and rising anew.

A phoenix reborn from the ashes of her sadness.

I.. like to watch the stars when I can get a chance. They help.. keep me company.

Aislinn's gaze searched her companion's face and the sheepish grin tugging  at  the woman's lips.
"I understand that feeling well," she replied, her own orbs blinking upwards to marvel at her Goddess' creation. A never-ending sea of stars that shimmered from another world, another time. Dying bursts of light that shed beauty onto their very existence. She inhaled as she looked upwards still, nearly missing the tinge of something more that may or may not have coated the woman's words. The navy mare was a stranger, but a warm one.. and Aislinn could not help but burn with a desire to know about the star-kissed woman who stood at her side.

"Are you lonely, dear?"

@lyra <3

Messages In This Thread
Starlight - by Lyra - 09-06-2017, 10:44 PM
RE: Starlight - by Aislinn - 09-10-2017, 06:36 AM
RE: Starlight - by Lyra - 09-14-2017, 12:03 AM
RE: Starlight - by Aislinn - 09-17-2017, 10:05 PM
RE: Starlight - by Lyra - 10-03-2017, 12:46 AM
RE: Starlight - by Aislinn - 10-15-2017, 01:57 AM
RE: Starlight - by Lyra - 10-31-2017, 10:04 PM
RE: Starlight - by Aislinn - 11-10-2017, 02:36 AM
RE: Starlight - by Lyra - 11-15-2017, 01:47 AM