Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

Private  - Starlight

Users browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)

Played by [PM] Posts: N/A — Threads:
Aislinn

AISLINN
SHE TASTES LIKE MOONBEAMS AND LAVENDER

In a way.. yes. I feel at home here, more than I ever did in the place of my birth. Still I am not very good at making friends it would seem.

Aislinn's own heart began to swell at the woman's words, her orbs blinking as her gaze warms to the woman that was woven of night skies and stars. The sadness brimmed underneath the Champion's words send shocks of melancholy and something primal through her. It takes her a moment to fully understand the emotions swirling in her blood, her bones; Aislinn's protectiveness has begun to take over. More than ever, she realizes that she wishes to take away that tinge of sorrow coating Lyra's words, and replace it with warmth and understanding.

She knows all too well the feeling of sadness; the pit that can be created from it. A fathomless hell of darkness and shadow that can sometimes feel near impossible to climb out of.. into the sunlight of happiness, of love, of friendship.

A tender smile curls the warrior woman's lips, sapphire orbs brightening like tiny bundles of blue flame in the midnight sea of her coat. She nearly stretches out her wing towards the other girl, like an arm draping over one's back in comfort. But instead, not wanting to breach an unspoken boundary line, Aislinn retreats into herself, leaning on her words instead.
"Well, I would beg to differ, dear," she replies, warmth blanketing every word that touches her lips, "you've already made at least one friend."

She looks up then, gaze wide and welcoming as she takes in the ocean of stars above her. How they glitter like tiny suns in a galaxy of indigo and inky black, their beauty ethereal and sparkling. For a moment, Aislinn wonders if the stars are alive; if they are simply gods and goddesses who take the form of shining supernovas in disguise. Do they listen to their mortal prayers? Their hopes, their wishes, their dreams?

Can they hear her now, as she quietly sends a shred of hope heavensward, for her and this woman who stands beside her now?

She turns, her crown facing the star-kissed woman full on as she moves to turn back to the capital city. Her back to the open plain of sweetgrass and wonders beyond. But before she goes, before she vanishes into the shadows like a wraith woven from starlight, a thread bound in her chest pulls her stare to the sky, one last time. And she is glad, as she witnesses a falling of cold stars streak high above them in shimmering silver trails. Her wishes, her dreams, her prayers, answered and made on each shooting star.

Aislinn doesn't realize that her own eyes are lined in silver before she blinks away the tears of joy that have threatened to spill down her smooth cheeks. Instead, she only says:
"Look at that.. your luck is better than it seems, Lyra."

@lyra <3

Messages In This Thread
Starlight - by Lyra - 09-06-2017, 10:44 PM
RE: Starlight - by Aislinn - 09-10-2017, 06:36 AM
RE: Starlight - by Lyra - 09-14-2017, 12:03 AM
RE: Starlight - by Aislinn - 09-17-2017, 10:05 PM
RE: Starlight - by Lyra - 10-03-2017, 12:46 AM
RE: Starlight - by Aislinn - 10-15-2017, 01:57 AM
RE: Starlight - by Lyra - 10-31-2017, 10:04 PM
RE: Starlight - by Aislinn - 11-10-2017, 02:36 AM
RE: Starlight - by Lyra - 11-15-2017, 01:47 AM