Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

All Welcome  - Stranger in Moscow

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by [PM] Posts: N/A — Threads:
Only

All of his attempts to escape are thwarted - caught here between Aislinn's strong wing and stronger-yet shoulder makes him think of that old saying they always say when the end of the line is certain and this is it.

Ah, what was it again?  

Oh right - he figures it out. Suspended between feeling cynical and waves of self-loathing he says -"I'm caught between a rock and a hard spot now aren't I?" - this is his a-ha! moment, he thinks. Only's smarmy glower crawls all over Lavinia who can do nothing but send the sentinel's captive bad energy.  Aislinn addresses his wriggle-writhing resistance like a pair of vice grips and the feathers are too much for him. Only shakes free but realizes the burn on his back foot is bad enough to make escape impossible.

Knowing now that he can't run, Only tries to play it cool, a shoulder rolls and he adjusts his faulty pace by tossing his hair and huffing as if he meant to do it all along. "Let me walk on my own - if you want to wrap yourself around me like that you're going to have to give me flowers first."  Only's proverbial feathers ruffle as the girls close in on him, he hop-skips ahead but is easily descended upon.

With growling frustration the captured thief falls in step between them and tries to decide what happens next.  He tries to imagine what a Night King might look like, is it a god or is it a monster?  Delumine apparently has one too - but he hasn't stuck around long enough to meet him.  He imagines that Kasil must look like some Disney Princess Dad with a laugh that could coax the sun to rise.  He knows this because Stephan's ideas of chivalry come in the form of the backs of cereal boxes and nothing more.

The city impresses him, the music and the fires, even the peoples it houses within well-protected walls attract his attention.  The music that fills his ears reminds him of a life he almost forgot about until now. Space, or something like that, he had been attached to a star-pattern that had no name too-too long ago.  His heart stammers over a nostalgia only he can feel.  It soon disappears when Only catches bad looks left and right from those who witnessed the high-speed chase, who wander and follow behind the guard, the victim, and the criminal just to see what they can see, to know what they can know about it. While he only intended to steal a little metal to hopefully sell it for something he actually needed, he thinks that maybe - just maybe - he underestimated is target and the city that he invaded to get to it.

"How is a King to judge my fate?  You do not know me - isn't that awfully harsh to want to kill someone over such a petty crime?"  Only fixes the chestnut with a wily golden stare and then Stephan intervenes, rudely.  Before Only can stop himself from really deepening the amount of shit he is already in - Stephan invades him long enough to fulfill his lifelong purpose of destroying everything beautiful in Only's life.

"Your freckles are really cute, has anyone ever told you that they glow pink when you're mad?"

@Aislinn
@Lavinia

.only

Messages In This Thread
Stranger in Moscow - by Only - 09-07-2017, 01:32 AM
RE: [Aislinn, Lavinia, any others] Stranger in Moscow - by Aislinn - 09-10-2017, 07:40 AM
RE: [Aislinn, Lavinia, any others] Stranger in Moscow - by Lavinia - 09-18-2017, 09:45 PM
RE: Stranger in Moscow - by Aislinn - 10-11-2017, 05:22 AM
RE: Stranger in Moscow - by Lavinia - 10-25-2017, 04:11 PM
RE: Stranger in Moscow - by Only - 11-01-2017, 04:28 PM