Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

All Welcome  - [Relic Contest] My Swamp

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by [PM] Posts: N/A — Threads:
Yana

The damp air of the swamp embraces the little witch like a long lost friend; the weight of it does not bother her even after the hug has been long-outlived. The gentle tug of the stagnant water on her hocks reminds her of home, and she cannot stop herself from advancing further into its depths. She has spent far too much time travelling through foreign territory, and the familiarity of the place is comforting. Yana expels a faint cough before skimming the layer of green algae with her muzzle. The humidity will do me some good. She raises her head again to cast her gaze behind her. But what if you are already inhabited?

The witch's senses return slowly as she surveys her surroundings. She keeps her body as motionless as the trees standing guard while she searches for foes, but there is no one around to disturb the silence. A large stone monolith is barely visible between a pair of ashen trunks. Curiosity has taken hold of the mare, but she doesn't proceed until another minute of silence has passed. Yana's past experience with swamps is as incredible as they come: according to her dam, her past home had had certain magical qualities about it that made it seem alive. It had also been a fairly loyal being -- for a swamp at least -- and would have devoured any trespasser as soon as they set foot in its murky depths. Perhaps this one was simply more mild, but it was more likely that it lacked magic instead. The little witch wasn't sure if she was more disappointed or relieved by this fact. One day we will breathe life into you, friend.

A trail of porcelain hair drifts across the water behind her as she approaches the towering stone figure. It stands at an impressive 7 feet tall, and from this side it was about 3 feet wide. Its surface is nearly as black as her own hide, but instead of being marked by stars it is adorned with runes. Yana can recognise a few -- her aunt had had a crazed fascination with the old languages, including runes -- but they are nonsensical. Whoever had been trying to mark the stone was clearly an amateur. Or could they mean nothing? Grey-green eyes scrutinise the obelisk in an attempt to make sense of the etchings. Another cough explodes from her maw whilst she circles it. Could they really just be coincidence?

{This thread is open! Also, the obelisk doesn't have to mean much of anything! I just figured that since no one has discovered this place maybe we could add some more info about the surroundings? c: Yana will most likely spend lots of time here, so she would have made some kind of marker hehe. ^^}

Messages In This Thread
[Relic Contest] My Swamp - by Yana - 06-03-2017, 09:40 PM
RE: [Relic Contest] My Swamp - by Kaladin - 06-04-2017, 06:08 AM
RE: [Relic Contest] My Swamp - by Random Events - 06-06-2017, 03:23 PM
RE: [Relic Contest] My Swamp - by Damascus - 06-07-2017, 01:03 PM
RE: [Relic Contest] My Swamp - by Yana - 06-11-2017, 09:14 PM
RE: [Relic Contest] My Swamp - by Kaladin - 06-25-2017, 10:40 AM
RE: [Relic Contest] My Swamp - by Damascus - 08-16-2017, 07:41 AM