Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

Private  - i swear by all the salt in me

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by [PM] Posts: N/A — Threads:
Rhoswen

MY SOUL IS AN EMPTY CAROUSEL AT SUNSET

The hands of time held them both in her worn palms, both soothing and contorting. Mila shook her head, her viridian gaze swirling with the power of an evergreen forest; Rhoswen hardened once more, her cells crystallising with black blood. She owed the Crows nothing anymore - their friendship had been welcome, and binding, but every moon spent apart she felt that bond unravelling into an obsolete vacuum. There would always be those tender strings tying them together, but time no doubt would fray them down to the very last fibres.

"She will always call to you, Rhos."

A truth, of course. The redhead knew it to be so; for a wolf cannot ever rid itself of the lunar love woven into the very fabric of its being. Caligo might not have been her mother, but she had once, momentarily, been something close to a friend. She wondered how different her life might have been - perhaps she would have held a high position in the court, by her brothers side; or perhaps Reich might never have risen to the throne; perhaps she and Raum would have tied that final knot. 

But it was never meant to be; there was too much sand in her head, too much sun in her blood. Solis could have chosen anyone from Denocte, but alas, he had chosen her, and who was she to deny him so? Mila's voice permeated her gentle musing, words burning into her silver-kissed skin. "Perhaps, I will never truly be free of Caligo, but it is to Solis I pledge my faith." 

"Why Solterra? Of all places.. why the Kingdom under the sun?"

Rhoswen closed her eyes, her mind racing back to the desert. "Why does winter steal summer's green kiss? Why do all rivers run toward the sea? Because that is the way of the world and the way things are meant to be." She could have listed a thousand reason why her heart belonged to that hard hot land, but she knew it would not change Mila's perception of a place she loathed. A breath, long and low. 

"If it makes you feel any better, Raum does not make my life easy." A smirk, bitter albeit tinged with acidic amusement. 

@mila :p 

Messages In This Thread
i swear by all the salt in me - by Rhoswen - 09-11-2017, 07:45 AM
RE: i swear by all the salt in me - by Mila - 09-14-2017, 01:00 AM
RE: i swear by all the salt in me - by Rhoswen - 09-14-2017, 04:46 PM
RE: i swear by all the salt in me - by Mila - 09-25-2017, 04:34 AM
RE: i swear by all the salt in me - by Rhoswen - 11-14-2017, 06:55 AM
RE: i swear by all the salt in me - by Mila - 11-22-2017, 05:39 AM
RE: i swear by all the salt in me - by Rhoswen - 12-01-2017, 07:44 AM