Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

All Welcome  - if wishes were horses

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by [PM] Posts: N/A — Threads:
Coraline

She was lost. She was always lost. Was this how Pan felt when he went exploring in a new place? No, probably not. He was confident, self-assured, and brave. Everything she was not. The filly wrinkled her nose and growled in frustration. She had set off toward home from the place-where-gods-should-be, and apparently took a wrong turn or three. She looked up to the sky through her button eyes, noting that things were becoming more gray-blue. Great. The sun was rising. Now she would be able to see where she was, and maybe find her way home again, before something bad happened. Bad things always happened to her.

But still she kept walking. There was a compulsion she couldn’t explain, a need to keep moving, as if the past was right behind her, and it would catch up to her if she stopped for too long. So the silver girl kept moving, the fading moonlight and rising sunlight making the silver of her fur glitter like diamonds, marking her place, providing for no hiding, even if she wanted to. But she didn’t notice it. She didn’t spend time looking at herself. She had always been called an abomination, a blemish on “their” perfect herd. Her silver fur matched theirs; but her black points – mane, tail, muzzle, legs – they did not. They were marred. Imperfect. Ugly. That was why they hated her so; why they sent her away when she was barely weaned. She just wasn’t good enough.

Not for anyone.

Until she met Iago. He had been adopted then as her unbiological daddy. He tried to teach her things, to protect her and watch her grow. But then the magic changed, and he forgot about her. How could you forget about someone you once saw as your child? Was she really that bad? But Mew hadn’t forgotten about her. He had loved her. His dying words were just that – to tell Coraline I love her – and she wasn’t there to hear them. Not from his lips. But then, if she had been there…he wouldn’t have had dying words. He would be alive and well, and they would be together in this strange land. Her and Mew and Pan and Flora. They could all be together. But they all went their separate ways. Mew was dead. Pan and Flora in other herds. It left the silver girl on her own, with many more questions than answers.

Deep in thought with details fuzzy due to her button eyes, the child didn’t see the much larger animal until she crashed into his side. She stopped and backed up, eyes widening in a mixture of terror and sorrow. Seemed she was always crashing into someone these days. Stumbling over her hooves and her words, the filly desperately looked for an escape route, for certainly this male was going to eat her now. This was what the compulsion was – it was fate’s way of sending her to her doom. Finally.

”I…I’m sorry. I didn’t see you there.” Her tiny voice wavered as she tried to channel Pan and be brave, but failing. ”I don’t think I taste very good…” It was all she could think of to avoid being eaten by this monstrous creature. Maybe the thought of a bad taste would deter him. A tiny bubble of hope welled up in her breast. Maybe she would live another day.

”Speech”

| Silver chain from the pirate siren | Blue Macaw feather in mane |
Image © Firenze Design @ Deviant Art

@Reichenbach
@Aislinn

Messages In This Thread
if wishes were horses - by Coraline - 09-17-2017, 10:22 PM
RE: if wishes were horses - by Reichenbach - 09-21-2017, 09:45 PM
RE: if wishes were horses - by Coraline - 09-24-2017, 10:53 AM
RE: if wishes were horses - by Reichenbach - 10-01-2017, 04:52 AM
RE: if wishes were horses - by Coraline - 10-03-2017, 09:17 PM