Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

Worship  - Wings to the Mind

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by [PM] Posts: N/A — Threads:
Weir

W e i r

Vespera, why do your feel so close but so far away at the same time.

Weir placed one hoof in front of the other on rocky ground dusted with the frozen flakes of snow. The ground is hard and unforgiving. The thudding sound of her hooves clattering on the stone was the only sound. Summer is starting to fade and the temperatures are dropping. Weir’s coat is starting to grow out in preparation for winter’s coming. White clouds puffed from her nostrils as she strained on the narrow goat trails to where she may be able to worship to her goddess. The sun setting in the distance lit the sky up in pinks, purples, and blues. Weir stopped for a moment to catch her breath in the thin air and to take in the majesty of the sky from way up here. If she strained she thought she could even see the dusk court. Her white hair whipped in the winds of these heights. She turned to the trail once more. Just as night was settling its cool fingers into every corner and around every stone, Weir arrived at the cave she had seen when she first arrived here. The large mouth led down a corridor where water dripped and pooled on the ground. Strange bugs, spiders, and bats lived in the ceiling and other crevices.

She had soaked some dried leaves in some flammable oil that Weir had found in the swamps. She brought along a rock that she had known to create sparks that she found near the base of the mountain. Using her telekinesis, she sparked and lit the wad of leaves and then pulled a larger pouch from her mane and up it. She laid the flaming leaves in the large pouch of flammable leaves which also ignited. The cave lit up and she could see all the paintings on the walls. They seemed to dance as the light flickered and created shadows. Creation, battles, family, love, and loss were told all around her and at the center a large portrait of a mare. The writing was in a language she could not understand but she believed this to be Vespera. Vespera. I know I should have visited sooner. I am not always good about keeping up with my prayers. I hope you got to see down by the ocean with the stormchildren. I was calling to you. Weir took a bag of healings herbs that she had brought and laid it on the ground in front of the painting on the wall of the goddess.

The light reflected off her metal leaves that swung back and forth and fractured the light around the cave and looked like twinkling stars. She began to hum a tune that her mother had taught her as a child. It was a lullaby but it comforted her. She hummed and sang the lullaby quietly for a time and then it ended and the cave went quiet again. Vespera. I need to guidance. My sovereign has given me the position of Champion of Community. I don’t know what to do. I have never had a leadership before. I think the job should do with balancing of the other champions and of the sovereign to make sure that the decisions being made for the people are the correct ones. I guess like an advocate for the people. I want to do this job well. I wish I could hear your voice. I would like to know what to do. Weir looked down. The trip here had exhausted her and slowly she lowers her body to the floor and in the quiet of this place she hums her song once again.

All are welcome!

Neverr & space

Messages In This Thread
Wings to the Mind - by Weir - 09-22-2017, 11:28 PM
RE: Wings to the Mind - by Rostislav - 10-24-2017, 02:16 AM
RE: Wings to the Mind - by Weir - 10-26-2017, 04:42 PM
RE: Wings to the Mind - by Rostislav - 12-25-2017, 12:15 AM