Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

All Welcome  - It's a cold and it's a broken hallelujah

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by [PM] Posts: N/A — Threads:
Ktulu

KTULU
and i've moved farther than i thought i could
and i've missed you more than i thought i would

She could see him in the distance, staggering and stumbling as he forced himself to keep moving. With each movement he meade there was an impending sense of dread that kept growing and growing, clawing at the walls of her mind. The Constrictor had seen others move like that before and it never meant anything good. Was he injured? Sick? Dying? NO! The dark mare shut down that train of thought as soon as it emerged. Apollo was not dying. He couldn't die. She wouldn't allow it because she'd already lost so many that she cared about. Hototo. Her mother. Her father. Donovan. Lakota. Ophelia...

Gradually her pace slowed, but only so she wouldn't completely bowl Apollo over in his weakened state. She pulled up short, crimson eyes wide as she quickly glanced over his frame for any obvious sign of injury. There were no gaping wounds, no blood, nothing broken that she could see, and that alone was enough to make Ktulu breathe a sigh of relief. "Apollo." His name fell from her lips as she closed the distance between them, stopping only when her chest was pressed against his own. Ktulu reached, draping her neck across the stallion's back.

Gods, how she had missed him.

It had been so long since she'd seen him, spoken to him, touched him, that his wellbeing hadn't immediately come to mind when the world had begun to fall apart. He always managed to come back into her life in the moments when she needed him most and, once again, there he was. She squeezed her eyes closed to shut off the tears that stung them as the weight of fear, grief, and guilt from living -- from being happy that someone she love was alive -- flooded her body.

Ktulu did not trust her voice to be steady, so even when Apollo voiced his shock at her arrival she remained quiet and nodded, the motion causing her cheek to rub against the dark fur on Apollo's back. She didn't know where here was, but as long as Apollo was there with her she felt that they would be okay. They had been through hell and back together, they had invaded herds, had led herds, suffered loss and experienced joy together. If they could overcome everything that Helovia and its gods threw at them then they could certainly overcome the land that Kaos had thrown them haphazardly into.

"I don't know." She finally murmured when he asked about Eytan. "...he was't here when I woke up, and I can't feel him." Ktulu rested her chin on Apollo's back and stared at the horizon. "Apollo .... he killed Phi."

"."

Credits

@Apollo

Messages In This Thread
It's a cold and it's a broken hallelujah - by Apollo - 09-23-2017, 07:12 PM
RE: It's a cold and it's a broken hallelujah - by Ktulu - 09-23-2017, 07:13 PM
RE: It's a cold and it's a broken hallelujah - by Apollo - 09-23-2017, 08:58 PM
RE: It's a cold and it's a broken hallelujah - by Ktulu - 09-23-2017, 09:47 PM
RE: It's a cold and it's a broken hallelujah - by Apollo - 09-24-2017, 03:40 PM
RE: It's a cold and it's a broken hallelujah - by Ktulu - 09-24-2017, 05:32 PM
RE: It's a cold and it's a broken hallelujah - by Apollo - 09-26-2017, 08:14 PM
RE: It's a cold and it's a broken hallelujah - by Reichenbach - 09-27-2017, 12:04 AM
RE: It's a cold and it's a broken hallelujah - by Ktulu - 10-05-2017, 12:57 PM
RE: It's a cold and it's a broken hallelujah - by Apollo - 10-15-2017, 05:56 PM