Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

All Welcome  - It's a cold and it's a broken hallelujah

Users browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)

Played by [PM] Posts: N/A — Threads:
Ktulu

KTULU
and i've moved farther than i thought i could
and i've missed you more than i thought i would

The contours of Apollo's body felt so familiar and natural to her that it was hard to believe the two of them had never shared any physical intimacy. She focused on his steady breathing, on the warmth that his body radiated. On the scent of pine and earth that clung to his flesh and reminded her of a time when they had called the forest their home. He had been a healer then and she the leader of a band of mercenaries. They had both been children, idealistic and driven by a desire to make the world around them a better place. They had grown in the time since then, both of them. They had drifted apart, had argued, fallen in love, then drifted apart again, but the seas of fate always brought them back together again.

His presence alone was enough to drive away the grief and fear that plagued her heart, and so she clung to him, selfishly soaking up every bit of comfort she could from him. As she stood there, however, listening to his breathing and feeling his warmth she began to realize that he was too warm. When he exhaled and their chests were not touching for the brief period before he inhaled again her own chest felt damp. She was no healer by any means, but Ktulu knew a fever when she felt one and the comfort that she had felt moments before was replaced by worry. Sickness had a way of ravaging one's body, gradually stealing away one's life force.

Had she been reunited with Apollo only for whatever sickness he had to slowly steal him away from her again?

Before she could voice her concerns he was apologizing for the loss of Ophelia. While that did not make her feel better his promise to never leave her again did. "I missed you so much, Apollo." She whispered against the dark fur on his back, though she thought he knew her well enough to already know that she had missed him.

Reluctantly, and very slowly, Ktulu withdrew from Apollo's embrace, stepping back to look around the praire they both stood in. While she didn't know where they were every bit of her instinct told her that they were not in the Rift. This land was far too beautiful. "This isn't the Rift." She finally said, her crimson gaze returning to meet Apollo's. "When the gods pulled the Rift lands through to Helovia they were sick. Diseased. This ... can't possibly be the same place. It doesn't feel the same. It doesn't smell the same."

So where exactly were they?

Ktulu's expression turned doubtful when Apollo suggested that maybe they could find Eytan and Zola. She didn't want to dash his hopes, but she was not one to typically cling to unlikely hopes. "I can't sense Eytan." She said, her tone hollow. "Our bond has been broken before, but I could still sense him." Her voice trailed for a moment before she spoke again. "Remember the endless night? When the sun would not rise... I could not communicate with Eytan then, but I could still sense him ... feel him. Here .... there's nothing." Had he died? Had he been thrown into the Rift without her? And if he had would he be able to survive on his own after living all of his life under her care and protection?

Probably not.

She could not let her mind travel down that path, not yet, and so her full attention returned to Apollo. "Before we do anything we need to find someone to heal you." Ktulu said, concerned over the feverish look in his eyes and the sweat on his skin. "You're sick ...." And I can't let sickness take you away from me like it took Kota.

"."

Credits

@Apollo

Messages In This Thread
It's a cold and it's a broken hallelujah - by Apollo - 09-23-2017, 07:12 PM
RE: It's a cold and it's a broken hallelujah - by Ktulu - 09-23-2017, 07:13 PM
RE: It's a cold and it's a broken hallelujah - by Apollo - 09-23-2017, 08:58 PM
RE: It's a cold and it's a broken hallelujah - by Ktulu - 09-23-2017, 09:47 PM
RE: It's a cold and it's a broken hallelujah - by Apollo - 09-24-2017, 03:40 PM
RE: It's a cold and it's a broken hallelujah - by Ktulu - 09-24-2017, 05:32 PM
RE: It's a cold and it's a broken hallelujah - by Apollo - 09-26-2017, 08:14 PM
RE: It's a cold and it's a broken hallelujah - by Reichenbach - 09-27-2017, 12:04 AM
RE: It's a cold and it's a broken hallelujah - by Ktulu - 10-05-2017, 12:57 PM
RE: It's a cold and it's a broken hallelujah - by Apollo - 10-15-2017, 05:56 PM