Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

All Welcome  - It's a cold and it's a broken hallelujah

Users browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)

Played by [PM] Posts: N/A — Threads:
Ktulu

KTULU
and i've moved farther than i thought i could
and i've missed you more than i thought i would

Apollo was right, the only thing they could do was try to figure out where they were aside from not the Rift. What she wasn't so sure about what that Eytan and Zola were lost somewhere in ... wherever they were. She had never before had her bond with the bear severed completely, and the complete detatchment that she felt now only made her assume that they would be separated forever. Of course she couldn't voice that concern to Apollo, at least not yet. Maybe once they figured out where they were and he got better they'd be able to have a frank discussion about the very real possibility that their companions had been lost forever.

The assurance that he would be alright did little to appease Ktulu. Lakota had said the same thing at first, but her illness progressed to the point where healers could no longer help her. Even the God of the Earth turned down her request of being healed, saying it wasn't within his power. How, after that, could she just believe that Apollo was going to be okay when she'd believed Lakota would at first?

"You know I'm not a healer, Apollo." The dark mare replied when her companion started listing off plants that could help. She knew how to fight, she knew where to hit someone to inflict the most pain, she knew how to cripple, she knew where to stab with her horn to increase the liklihood of her opponent bleeding out, but she did not know how to heal or what plants could be used to heal. Still, he explained what they were looking for, though to Ktulu most flowers looked the same. How he could tell them apart and know of their uses and benefits was beyond her, though she could admit that it would be good to at least know a little bit.

Ktulu couldn't help but grin in return when Apollo cut himself off and smiled. She had always thought that his sheepish smile was cute, but had never voice that opinion, and she didn't then, either. Her grin faded, gradually morphing into a frown when the breeze made Apollo shiver and she was reminded that he was sick. "Yeah..." She agreed, though the word felt heavy with her impending sense of dread, but there was little that she could do besides try to identify the plants he had described as they looked for their companions and tried to figure out where they were.

The pair had only taken a few steps when a stallion seemed to melt out of the shadows before them. Ktulu, being the more aggressive of the two and the healthier of them, immediately stepped in front of Apollo, effectively putting herself between him and the unknown stud. It was then that she tried to call upon her magic, to have it ready and waiting just in case his smile and warmth were a lie, and felt nothing. Crimson eyes widened as she realized that not only had she been stripped of her companion, but her magic as well. "Fuck." The single curse was muttered under her breath, but there was no time to dwell on it then.

"Reichenbach, citizen of The Night Court, at your service."

"Night Court?" Ktulu caught herself repeating. "What's the Night Court? Where are we? Do you have a healer?"

"."

Credits

@Apollo @Reichenbach
Sorry for the delay!

Messages In This Thread
It's a cold and it's a broken hallelujah - by Apollo - 09-23-2017, 07:12 PM
RE: It's a cold and it's a broken hallelujah - by Ktulu - 09-23-2017, 07:13 PM
RE: It's a cold and it's a broken hallelujah - by Apollo - 09-23-2017, 08:58 PM
RE: It's a cold and it's a broken hallelujah - by Ktulu - 09-23-2017, 09:47 PM
RE: It's a cold and it's a broken hallelujah - by Apollo - 09-24-2017, 03:40 PM
RE: It's a cold and it's a broken hallelujah - by Ktulu - 09-24-2017, 05:32 PM
RE: It's a cold and it's a broken hallelujah - by Apollo - 09-26-2017, 08:14 PM
RE: It's a cold and it's a broken hallelujah - by Reichenbach - 09-27-2017, 12:04 AM
RE: It's a cold and it's a broken hallelujah - by Ktulu - 10-05-2017, 12:57 PM
RE: It's a cold and it's a broken hallelujah - by Apollo - 10-15-2017, 05:56 PM