Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

All Welcome  - It's a cold and it's a broken hallelujah

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by [PM] Posts: N/A — Threads:
Apollo

And I don't want the world to see me
'Cause I don't think that they'd understand

Apollo knew his companion well enough by now, through all of their shared years of triumph, failure, joy, and sadness, to know when she was troubled. Ktulu was exuding that very atmosphere, the subtle hint of uncertainty that she, normally so poised, so defiant, rarely possessed. The overo stallion knew exactly why she doubted herself when usually she was full to the brim of virile confidence. He would be a fool not to know. Lakota... Still, he did not speak of it. He would not speak of it, not here. Not know.

"I know," he soothed, stretching out his neck to reach out and brush his muzzle against her shoulder, against the warmth of her flesh, "I'm not asking you to be." Oh, he knew where Ktulu's strengths lay. She was a warrior, capable of challenging the mightiest of foes and bending them to their knees. Where he was gentle and timid, she was fierce and opinionated. They were polar opposites, but they worked. Somehow, Gods willing, they worked, and he would trade her for no one.

They traveled, side by side, through the bountiful prairie, watching as the sun dipped further beyond the horizon and the skies changed into the inky blackness that came with night. With the missing warmth of the sunlight, however, the chills increased, but Apollo did his best to remain strong for Ktulu. She was distressed on his behalf, and he loathed the fact that his own inadequacy, his own poor health from the strain of what they had both just cruelly endured, was the culprit. So long as he did not grow worse before finding herbs or assistance, he wasn't worried. Not yet. Whatever ailed him, be it the shock of what they had witnessed, the passage through the Portal into this new land, or the severed connection between he and Zola, it was not yet severe enough to render him unable to walk, or talk, or fend for himself. That was when he would grow concerned.

When a stallion seemed to form from the very shadows themselves, the Merciful stallion balked, jerking his head at attention, ears swiveling forward in alarm. He gave a snort, tired, lethargic, honey-brown eyes peering through the darkness to better see the male who had abruptly joined them. The smell of jasmine and wood smoke filled the air, reminding Apollo briefly of passing gypsies, before his vision was stolen with the form of Ktulu as the Constrictor bodily placed herself between he and the other stallion.

He remained silent during their silent standoff, watching the muscles in Ktulu's back bristle at attention, ready for a fight, ready to defend him. It warmed his chest, but Apollo could see that the way in which the unknown stud held himself that he was posing no threat. No, if he had wanted to harm them, he would not have called out upon slinking from the shadows. He knew well what those of ill-intent were capable of, and nothing of this earthy fellow screamed that alarm.

"Ktu..." Apollo once more soothed, albeit more vocally. "It's alright." Or so he hoped. Once more, he reached out, allowing his lips to trail along the Constrictor's rump and up her spine as he stepped his way along her side, so that they once more stood side by side. His gaze sought out her own fierce crimson, the honey-brown depths of his gaze pleading, imploring. Let me stand with you. Not behind you. Always at your side. Nowhere else. he wanted to say, words that were intimate and meant only for her ears, but they were words he could not bring himself to utter. Not in the company of a stranger.

Allowing his gaze to focus once more on the rich bay gentleman before them, who named himself Reichenbach, the monochromatic stallion dipped a cerulean horn in his direction. A nod of acknowledgement, accompanied by a weak, strained smile. For now, he would allow Ktulu to handle the conversation, at least until they learned a bit more as to where they were.

When everything's made to be broken
I just want you to know who I am

@Ktulu @Reichenbach - So sorry for the wait! <3

Messages In This Thread
It's a cold and it's a broken hallelujah - by Apollo - 09-23-2017, 07:12 PM
RE: It's a cold and it's a broken hallelujah - by Ktulu - 09-23-2017, 07:13 PM
RE: It's a cold and it's a broken hallelujah - by Apollo - 09-23-2017, 08:58 PM
RE: It's a cold and it's a broken hallelujah - by Ktulu - 09-23-2017, 09:47 PM
RE: It's a cold and it's a broken hallelujah - by Apollo - 09-24-2017, 03:40 PM
RE: It's a cold and it's a broken hallelujah - by Ktulu - 09-24-2017, 05:32 PM
RE: It's a cold and it's a broken hallelujah - by Apollo - 09-26-2017, 08:14 PM
RE: It's a cold and it's a broken hallelujah - by Reichenbach - 09-27-2017, 12:04 AM
RE: It's a cold and it's a broken hallelujah - by Ktulu - 10-05-2017, 12:57 PM
RE: It's a cold and it's a broken hallelujah - by Apollo - 10-15-2017, 05:56 PM