Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

All Welcome  - Break through the surface and breathe

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by [PM] Posts: N/A — Threads:
Only

Now that you have him, what will you do with him?  Someone sneaky says behind his eyes.  He knows who it is, for it is no secret to him.  His heart sinks knowing that Averin will one day be subjected to Only's inner turmoil.  The nature of the question Stephan asks him, reflects in the way Only looks at Averin, pained - disturbed.  What does Stephan mean by that?  What horrors is he already plotting to drag Averin through?  The ideas Stephan then offers to Only is enough to chill his blood.  Stephan's attraction to Averin horrifies Only if only because he knows that that cold-blooded asshole so desperately wants to see Faida again that he'd be shallow enough to vie for a white horse.

The pegasus reaches out for him and Only extends his own nose in fair greeting.  Being this close to something so pretty makes him nervous - he isn't sure if Stephan should be allowed to get this close.  And so the greeting is tender, timid, and sterile.   Only holds back the swarm behind him.  The simple hello is exactly that, simple, and he is already pulling back when he feels his skin crawling with change.  Stephan seems overly eager to introduce himself but Only won't allow it.  As long as things remain quiet and calm, he might be able to maintain the terrible terribleness.

"I'm..."  His mouth goes dry.  "Well -" his voice cracks as he tries to jumpstart his brain again.

"Sorry."  Only clears the rubble from his throat and tries again.

"It was a miracle of miracles that I even found your caravan.  I had been alone for quite some time, waiting for others."  Only frowns again.  Inside, Stephan sits in his solitary confinement and bounces bad thoughts off the side of his skull like tennis balls until Only is visibly flinching every time the horror inside of him squirms with impatience.  "Let's walk - this way."  Away from Delumine.  Away from Ulric.  

Far away.

"You'll always find me in Ruris - I hope you will find my companionship suitable, I tend to travel."  He mentions then, his words coming in and out of awkward silences that fall between them. You tend to run, a lot.  Actually.  You are quite bad at being alive.  Stephan whispers to the chicken-shit boy who leads Averin away from the heart of the river and towards the creeks that run through Ruris.  They are practically strangers and yet they are bound to one another for as long as ... well, as long as it takes for Stephan to destroy everything.

And then, much to his dismay, his curiousity (Stephan's curiousity, actually) he asks the one million dollar question that has nothing to do with the arrangement they've gotten themselves into.

"Are you a virgin?" 

@Averin

.only
si vis pacem para bellum

There shall be weeping and gnashing of teeth.
For many are called but few are chosen.

Messages In This Thread
Break through the surface and breathe - by Only - 09-29-2017, 12:40 PM
RE: Break through the surface and breathe - by Averin - 10-01-2017, 10:16 PM
RE: Break through the surface and breathe - by Only - 10-05-2017, 11:51 AM
RE: Break through the surface and breathe - by Averin - 10-05-2017, 03:36 PM
RE: Break through the surface and breathe - by Only - 10-05-2017, 08:17 PM
RE: Break through the surface and breathe - by Averin - 10-05-2017, 11:07 PM
RE: Break through the surface and breathe - by Only - 10-18-2017, 07:41 PM
RE: Break through the surface and breathe - by Averin - 10-22-2017, 12:02 PM
RE: Break through the surface and breathe - by Only - 11-03-2017, 11:01 PM
RE: Break through the surface and breathe - by Averin - 11-04-2017, 06:36 PM