Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

All Welcome  - Break through the surface and breathe

Users browsing this thread: 3 Guest(s)

Played by [PM] Posts: N/A — Threads:
Averin

averin
ILLUSION NEVER CHANGED INTO SOMETHING REAL

The way that Only is looking at him has Averin somewhat on edge, and he already thought that it was his fault, somehow, that they'd been parted until now. That he had done something wrong in the way that he had waited -- though he had barely done anything but survive and wander a little before returning -- and it had messed with whatever life he was going to have. The pained look had Averin worried that he had caused that pain, and he did not like the feeling it brought. He wanted to make it better, wanted to wash that pain away and make Only smile. All he could make himself do for now was reach out towards Only in greeting, wanting nothing more than to not upset Only again.

Which meant he had to find out what exactly he had done wrong, though something in the back of his mind reminded him that it could be the sheer fact that he had been pulled away from Only just as they had been meeting. Perhaps that was the cause of it, but for now Averin wouldn't rule out that he had still done something he shouldn't have. Or did not do something that he should have done. Yet Averin is surprised when Only tells him that he's sorry, because that had not at all been what Averin had expected from the stallion. Averin listens to what's being said to him, how Only had been alone for some time before finding the caravan. But he's seeing the flinching, too, and worries.

There is no polite way to ask, he doesn't think, and so he does not bring it up. Instead; "No need to apologise. I don't actually know what happened, or why I ended up here from wherever it was we were before." The words were quiet and uncertain, and Averin doesn't like the mystery of it, because not knowing how it had happened or why meant that it could possibly happen again and he would be none the wiser of it beginning. He doesn't like that thought. Averin lets it slide for now as Only wants to walk, and he follows, taking note of the fact that Only was letting Averin know where to find him, that he hoped Averin found his company suitable. Averin wasn't sure he had a say in the matter, given his position.

And traveling was no issue for him, either. "I'm used to traveling. It's how the caravan thrived." He points out with a shrug of winged shoulders. Which reminded him; "My name's Averin. Wing was just what the enforcers decided to call me." He felt that he should explain that, even if Only wanted to continue calling him Wing. At least it would be known. It's honestly strange to speak his name aloud like that, because he has only foggy memories of being called by it. The enforcers hadn't cared enough to ask it, but seeing as they wiped memories from those they took, those names from the past did not much matter. Averin was lucky to have escaped the memory wipe and still know what his name was.

A lot of unexpected things seemed to be coming from Only, because the question that arrived next caught Averin off guard, though in retrospect he should have seen it coming. "I," And he takes a careful breath; "am, yes." And he cannot help but steal shy little glances at Only now; noting that the stallion was a bit thin, and not that much taller than he was. If that was to be his purpose, then it was a plus that he probably wasn't going to feel crushed while it occured. Averin wasn't sure how he felt about it, but he had known that it was a possiblity from the start, he just hadn't been thinking about it. "Is that why you wanted me?" He didn't sound upset at all about it; his words were soft, curious, accepting.

I'M WIDE AWAKE AND I CAN SEE THE PERFECT SKY IS TORN

view full image and credits here

@Only

Messages In This Thread
Break through the surface and breathe - by Only - 09-29-2017, 12:40 PM
RE: Break through the surface and breathe - by Averin - 10-01-2017, 10:16 PM
RE: Break through the surface and breathe - by Only - 10-05-2017, 11:51 AM
RE: Break through the surface and breathe - by Averin - 10-05-2017, 03:36 PM
RE: Break through the surface and breathe - by Only - 10-05-2017, 08:17 PM
RE: Break through the surface and breathe - by Averin - 10-05-2017, 11:07 PM
RE: Break through the surface and breathe - by Only - 10-18-2017, 07:41 PM
RE: Break through the surface and breathe - by Averin - 10-22-2017, 12:02 PM