Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

All Welcome  - Where the Wildflowers Grow

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by [PM] Posts: N/A — Threads:
Acton

Acton
these violent delights have violent ends
Her enthusiasm was contagious; he couldn’t help but laugh at the barrage of words, listening with interest as she spoke of magic. That was a thing few enough of them had – he had not given much thought to newcomers (refugees?) carrying foreign kinds with them. The buckskin told her he did perform, to look for him the next time the gypsy caravans rolled into court, but his expression grew more thoughtful when she spoke of healing.

“We have a few healers,” he answered, musing, “though the best of them live in the Dusk Court. I am sure one would be happy to take on an apprentice, if you stay.” It was a good path, though it was one that might set them at odds, down the line. Acton’s work was occasionally distinctly, ah, separate from repairing wounded bodies.

He was not disappointed by her response to the city; he smiled, to himself, and said nothing as she took it in. He remembered well how charmed he’d been when he first saw it, how ensnared by the possibilities, even as he’d been young and a runaway, half-worried he was being tracked.

Denocte had always been a haven for him.

He flicked his tail at her in response to the brush of her wing, shrugging of the thanks. It was what any of the Night Court would have done, despite their sometimes sinister reputations. “I hope you do,” he said, and meant it. “If you don’t, find me again – most anyone here can point you in the right direction. And I’ll introduce you to some horses that can help you find your feet.” Many – maybe most -- horses might shudder to picture such a guileless yearling among the Crows, but to Acton, they were the best family he’d ever had. She might not have the hunger to be one of them, but she seemed to have the wits.  

“It’d be my pleasure,” he said with a grin, and down they went into the capital, until the streets took them drifting their different paths. Before they parted, he met her spun-gold gaze a final time. "Good luck, Akeli."

Acton had a feeling he would see her again, but not seeking help. She struck him as an impressively self-sufficient filly, and his smile lingered long after she’d vanished, carried away by the crowd.

@Akeli  they’ll have to check in again soon!

Messages In This Thread
Where the Wildflowers Grow - by Akeli - 09-30-2017, 10:28 AM
RE: Where the Wildflowers Grow - by Acton - 10-06-2017, 09:57 AM
RE: Where the Wildflowers Grow - by Akeli - 10-08-2017, 04:08 PM
RE: Where the Wildflowers Grow - by Acton - 10-09-2017, 06:44 PM
RE: Where the Wildflowers Grow - by Akeli - 10-12-2017, 08:55 PM
RE: Where the Wildflowers Grow - by Acton - 10-19-2017, 12:36 PM
RE: Where the Wildflowers Grow - by Akeli - 10-29-2017, 02:01 PM
RE: Where the Wildflowers Grow - by Acton - 10-31-2017, 01:19 PM