Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

All Welcome  - that Queen is Mean

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by [PM] Posts: N/A — Threads:
Maude

Sniffling and testing her weight upon her ankle, the girl is surprised to hear someone else coming to her rescue quite so quickly. Having spent a good bit of time travelling alone, so far, the maiden is not only surprised, but glad to see another youth approaching. Though her company hadn’t been terrible, with grown ups having a lot of wisdom and kindness to share, there was nothing quite like someone your own age to spend the day with.

Yes, and no,” she smiles, bobbing her head hello to the pale, scaled stranger, wondering if he might be some sort of fish-man, like the Lady from the festival back in the mountains home had also seemed to be. Holding her wounded ankle up as she mentions it, the girl’s cheerful expression is broken, slightly, by a wince, when she places it back down. “I think I twisted my ankle.

As she’d hoped, he looks at it more closely, much like her father used to, when she fell and hurt herself. It fills her with a sadness that she does her best to push aside, instead taking in the strange boy’s assertions that he was a healer “now.” Did that mean he wasn’t one yesterday? Maude wonders, suddenly struck by another question, which makes her search his face a bit more thoroughly when he looks up. Did she know him from somewhere?

Oh, yes please,” she answers of his proper inquiry, knowing from her lessons that she should never heal someone who didn’t want it, “I’ve studied to be a healer too, but…

Frowning, feeling that same old melancholy threaten to steal over her cheer yet again, she quickly carries on.

Well, I don’t have any of my things here,” finishes Maude, her heart longing deeply for the beautiful, silk and chiffon cloak her father had given her for her birthday, and its wonderful, magical pockets. Distracted by the sweet smell of the apple, the girl is tempted to grab it, but something distracts her from that, too.

She certainly doesn’t know this boy, Maude assures herself when he introduces himself. He does seem to accuse her of being in someone else’s territory though, which makes her heart suddenly tighten in her chest, and her ears flick back somewhat defensively. What she remembered about Helovia’s herd lands meant that she probably was in trouble now.

I’m Maude, and, err,” starts the girl, thinking for the smallest of seconds that she might try and lie her way out of this one. She remembers, fortunately, that she is a terrible liar, and decides, instead, to fess up to her minor mistake. “Well, to be perfectly honest, I’m from the Dusk Court… but I didn’t know I was trespassing, I swear! I, well, it sounds crazy, but, I sort of… woke up here? Well, not here, but, in Novus, and so I’ve been exploring…

Realizing she was rambling, the filly looks down at her hooves.

I know its quite a lot to ask of you, as you are being so kind already, and we have just met, but... Please don’t tell them I’m here if I’ll get in trouble, Pan,” she implores, her green eyes quite emotional as she looks back up at the white youth. She was far too young to go to jail!

so give me hope in the Darkness
that I will see the Light
Art by neverrmind @ DA

@Pan

Messages In This Thread
that Queen is Mean - by Maude - 10-03-2017, 11:37 AM
RE: that Queen is Mean - by Pan - 10-22-2017, 02:47 AM
RE: that Queen is Mean - by Maude - 10-24-2017, 08:33 AM
RE: that Queen is Mean - by Pan - 10-29-2017, 02:45 AM