Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

All Welcome  - illusion never changed

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by [PM] Posts: N/A — Threads:
Maude

The stranger which she approaches reacts as most of the rest she’s met have: with a smile.

It’s led her into a strange belief, of course, that everyone in the world around her was kind, and that they meant each other well. Her new friend, the swan gentleman, could tell her that such a perspective was an illusion, easily shattered; one that, perhaps, she should hold on to, or let go of, depending on the type of man that had been left behind by the indiscretions of those who had come before.

It wasn’t to say that Maude didn’t think bad things could happen; she knew they could. Bad things, though, never seemed to be caused by the other horses around her. They seemed to be born of fate, or of Gods; everyone else, well, they were nice, and they were good, even if some of them were a bit more grouchy than the others.

She is glad that this stranger isn’t grouchy, at least not yet, but instead earnest, and somewhat helpful. His curious name for the fur-babies which had drawn her avid focus for the moment draws a smile to her lips, followed by a brief giggle of amusement. Though they were smaller than mountains, for sure, the high rise of their backs, especially the large bull, made them seem mountainous indeed.

Hello, mister Averin,” she says once her giggles subside, her ginger muzzle bobbing a friendly greeting in time with “mister,” “it’s good to meet you too. It’s okay that you don’t know what the fuzzy mountains are. I’m sure I’ll find someone who does, some day. Have you not been in Novus long, either?

She smiles, growing more and more accustomed to those she met having no idea where they were, too.

I just got here a few weeks ago,” she explains, without being asked, “it's okay here, I guess. This is definitely the only place I’ve seen those animals before.

If you’re tossing & you’re turning,
& you just can’t fall asleep,
I’ll sing a song beside you. and if you ever forget
how much you really mean to me, every day,
I will remind you.

Art by neverrmind @ DA

@Averin

Messages In This Thread
illusion never changed - by Averin - 10-03-2017, 01:08 PM
RE: illusion never changed - by Maude - 10-04-2017, 10:37 AM
RE: illusion never changed - by Averin - 10-04-2017, 12:34 PM
RE: illusion never changed - by Maude - 10-09-2017, 08:46 AM