Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

All Welcome  - illusion never changed

Users browsing this thread: 3 Guest(s)

Played by [PM] Posts: N/A — Threads:
Maude

The cheerful smile with which she initially starts to take in Averin’s reply withers at the mention of books. Books? What were those? Certainly not something which had been in the World’s Edge, and maybe not in Helovia at all. Her ears fall back slightly, and her eyes fill with a sudden concern, because he’d said it as if everyone knew what books were. Was that what they called the Gods in Novus? It was the only thing or being which Maude could think of that might have any sort of answer to any sort of question one might have, but something made her feel as if it was a foolish idea while simply running the idea through her mind.

Books?” she asks, tentatively, fooling blood rush to her skin in embarrassment. Entirely unused to feeling dumb or outlandish, the girl blushes all the more as she clarifies her single word question. “What are books?

For the first time since arriving to Novus, it became apparent to the girl that she was among a culture that was unknown to her. While the lands were new, and the faces she met new, as well, nothing had seemed truly all that amiss (well, aside from the Court towers she’d yet to acquired the courage to enter) until Averin had brought up books. What else would she be presented with in this strange place that made her feel simple and foolish? It made her miss home, where things were properly as they should be.

If you’re tossing & you’re turning,
& you just can’t fall asleep,
I’ll sing a song beside you. and if you ever forget
how much you really mean to me, every day,
I will remind you.

Art by neverrmind @ DA

@Averin

Messages In This Thread
illusion never changed - by Averin - 10-03-2017, 01:08 PM
RE: illusion never changed - by Maude - 10-04-2017, 10:37 AM
RE: illusion never changed - by Averin - 10-04-2017, 12:34 PM
RE: illusion never changed - by Maude - 10-09-2017, 08:46 AM