Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

All Welcome  - out of twilight

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by [PM] Posts: N/A — Threads:
Cynix

CYNIX
day met night

"I thought the Sages all worked together and it was for the Champion to spread the wisdom?" Or maybe he had simply stuck his nose in to too many old dusty books and not in to anything fresh lately. Cynix felt his ears drop a little, but he didn't look too disheartened, only curious. If that was the case, then why was his mother Champion? What were her duties? Or was she just someone hand-picked? His muzzle wrinkled as he fell in to thought for a moment, a wing giving a small stretch and twitch, adjusting feathers before it rested back against his head once more.

Shaking himself out of it, the young boy looked up at the kirin, his head still partially tilted as he listened. Isorath, so that name had been true, and he was a sage! Maybe he'd talked to his mother already, though somehow he doubted it. His mother didn't talk to too many these days, always seeming sad.

"I'm Cynix," he said, after several seconds of hesitation. Surely he was known around the Court, and not for good things. It always seemed to be something acidic on the tongues of those that looked at him, and even far worse for his mother. Labeled many things, most of which Cynix didn't understand himself. He'd asked her once what a 'harlot' was, and had been shushed and given a flick to his wings for his troubles out of punishment.

Hearing of the Dusk Court brought a little hope to the colt, his eyes widening slightly and his ears suddenly flinging forward in attention, as if straining to hear more. "I'd like that! I mean..." His excitement had burst out of him, but he forced himself to calm down, glancing again as if spooked that his outburst would bring someone from the shadows to chastise him. "I would like that," he said, far more calmly. Still, he only hung his head a little in response to the kirin's words, seeming a bit uneasy. "They say my papa is a bad man, part of a group of.. of.." What was the word they had used? "A group of ingrates. They say the Day Court is bad too, but momma says it's nice, it's pretty. It's just all.. politics?" Hadn't that been what she had used? Something like that.

An offended look appeared just briefly before he huffed, shaking his head quickly, though there was a small flicker of guilt. "Not sneaking off, just wanting to explore. Momma doesn't like when I wander off my own, she worries that the others here might say something or do something bad to be if I'm on my own. I think she's just protective and.. well. Not everyone is bad, right? You aren't bad, even if you aren't part of the Night Court."

@Isorath ||  <3 <3  

Messages In This Thread
out of twilight - by Cynix - 10-18-2017, 11:58 AM
RE: out of twilight - by Isorath - 10-18-2017, 04:02 PM
RE: out of twilight - by Cynix - 10-18-2017, 04:30 PM
RE: out of twilight - by Isorath - 10-18-2017, 05:07 PM
RE: out of twilight - by Cynix - 10-18-2017, 10:47 PM
RE: out of twilight - by Isorath - 11-07-2017, 07:46 AM
RE: out of twilight - by Cynix - 11-11-2017, 05:43 PM