Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

All Welcome  - out of twilight

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by [PM] Posts: N/A — Threads:
Isorath

I S O R A T H
a crown of sunfire and starlight

"Everyone must work together, and distribute what they have learned. Even the Champion." Head tilted curiously as he regarded the foals reaction. Isorath was perhaps not the best when it came to tailoring his opinions for the young, especially when that youth happened to be the son of a Champion. "The Champion leads the Sages, they make sure the Sages do their duty. She does just as much work as the others." The kirin added after a thoughtful moment, watching the wing upon the boys head stretch.

He couldn't help feel a pang of pity for the Colt, to have wings and never be able fly? The Gods were truly cruel. No more than a pretty adornment, a feathered crown.

"Cynix?" Isorath repeated with a hum, committing the name to memory. "You have a twin brother too, correct?" He vaguely remembered that part, there were two boys that had come from the union of day and night. "Where is he?" Suddenly aware that another foal could have escaped their mother's grasp, and given the disposition some of the Court had to the two innocents...the winged princeling pushed the thought aside rather hurriedly. Surely they would not be that petty.

The sudden burst of excitement drew a soft breath from deep in his chest. Once the conflict had resolved, and there was a couple more grains in the hourglass of the boys life, they could see to securing him a position in the Dusk Court, temporarily to study. If anything, it would shield the boy from the harshness he had been born to, perhaps help him grow some armor. He still wilted even when Isorath had tried to comfort him, in his own way. "It is politics, your mother is right." Well, she wasn't wrong, but he wasn't about to sit the boy down and go into an indepth discussion about how complex politics could be — the interference of emotions, of outside opinions and actions. Too young, too innocent to be that jaded about life before he'd even seen the end of his youth. "I would not focus on it too much, Cynix."

Another chuckle found it's way past his pale lips as he glanced at the colt, a look of mock scrutiny on his face. "Are you sure? That sounds an awful lot like you were sneaking off to me, especially if your mother doesn't like you going out alone." Vaguely, a part of his mind is already poking at him. He had nothing to do this day, other than find somewhere to lay and waste the hours in conversation and taking tea. It wouldn't hurt to take the boy under his wing, surely? If anything, the porcelain stag's presence at his side would deter even the most smart mouthed denoctian, and earn him a precious few points of gratitude and respect. "No I'm not, until someone gives me a reason to be." He replied humorously. "Why don't you show me where you were going? That way you have at least someone to watch you. I would hate to explain to your mother I saw you and let you go off on your own. You might fall off the ramparts, or something, and I would get in trouble."

OOC notes can go here, as well as tags! remove the 'hr' tag to get rid of this line ^
"this here is your speech colour!

@Cynix — <3

Messages In This Thread
out of twilight - by Cynix - 10-18-2017, 11:58 AM
RE: out of twilight - by Isorath - 10-18-2017, 04:02 PM
RE: out of twilight - by Cynix - 10-18-2017, 04:30 PM
RE: out of twilight - by Isorath - 10-18-2017, 05:07 PM
RE: out of twilight - by Cynix - 10-18-2017, 10:47 PM
RE: out of twilight - by Isorath - 11-07-2017, 07:46 AM
RE: out of twilight - by Cynix - 11-11-2017, 05:43 PM