Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

All Welcome  - Return to Reality

Users browsing this thread: 3 Guest(s)

Played by [PM] Posts: N/A — Threads:
Rostislav

The panic keeps rising in me, threatening to smother me. Like a hand tightening around my neck to choke the oxygen from my brain, my lungs. Thank the Gods my dear Camdis begins to speak, and the hand loosens its grip. Damaris stands her ground but quiets like I asked her to. I'm not sure whose hackles are raised higher - hers or mine. He croaks at me and I cringe at how weak he is, how hoarse he sounds. He recognizes me, though clearly he's out of his mind to some degree. I understand the part about "Reichenbach". But the crows? I'm not sure what birds have to do with this. Is that part of his delusion?

I'm about to protest his demand for me to leave when the... black beast speaks. His speech is practically archaic. Of course I understand him but my eyes widen in -- disbelief? Confusion? He demands I move out of the way, that Damaris moves out of the way. The hound growls, low and menacingly. 'Let him.' The wraith pushes past her. 'He's right, we need to get him help, not slow him down.' It was hard to follow my own advice. The wraith keeps moving and I follow closely behind.

Thankfully, before I can say something nasty or sharp, Camdis speaks again, asking me to stay. A pressure releases in my chest. "I'm staying. I don't know who you are, but I know Camdis. Damaris, go find Reichenbach." I nod her away. 'Please. I'll stay here and watch Camdis. Please find Reich, tell him what's happened. Damaris glances at me, cautiously, clearly worried about me staying here without her assistance. When I nod, she lets out a short, gruff bark and takes off. She'll be much quicker at finding him, and I don't want to leave Camdis with someone whose name I don't even know.

WC: 311
Tag: @Ammon @Camdis
Sorry it took so long!

Rosti thoughts | "Rosti speech" | Damaris mindspeak

Rostislav
more than a drunken fool
x - x

Messages In This Thread
Return to Reality - by Camdis - 10-19-2017, 12:50 PM
RE: Return to Reality - by Ammon - 10-19-2017, 02:28 PM
RE: Return to Reality - by Camdis - 10-19-2017, 03:22 PM
RE: Return to Reality - by Rostislav - 10-23-2017, 12:24 AM