Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

All Welcome  - In the moonlight (open to anyone!)

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by [PM] Posts: N/A — Threads:
Selene

Selene
The goddess has had few interactions with mortals before, aside from watching them from afar, her heart bleeding for their causes and her compassion brimming for the toils in their lives.  Never before has she been so alive, far from her godly temple and here walking among them.  She doesn’t know how to act, exactly – but Selene acts on impulse, wanting to belong and to grow among them.  Here in the throng of others, she feels a sense of community and belonging, even though they were all strangers.  Their song is a comfort to her, her own voice a surprising addition that draws a smile to her face.  Closing her eyes to sway in the moonlight, she finds herself lost in the song and the movement, until she hears his voice.

Turqouise eyes open to find the battle scarred stallion and his companion watching her, and drunk from the trance of motion around him, Selene steps from the throng.  Her steps are as graceful as her dance, curiosity and naivety shining clearly in her gaze as she stares unabashedly at the stranger, drawing in the sight of him.  Her gaze rests on every line of his face, on every scar against his earth-hued frame, as if she could tell the stories behind each mar of his skin.  Carefully, she reaches toward the mysterious stranger, the fallen-goddess as curious as a child, and every bit as untrained in the ways of the world.

"Good evening.”  Her voice is as smooth as lemonade on a summer’s day, and as she nods to her companion, a tumble of ombre curls frames her delicate face.  "I am Selene, and yes… tonight is my first night in this place.”  Denocte.  She mentally corrects herself as she looks around him to take in the sight of his canine companion.  Offering both the male and his Damaris a smile, she steps more into the moonlight and away from the others, silver light bouncing from her iridescent coat.  "Tell me about your Denocte.  About my Denocte…”  The last words are spoken with a quiet sort of reverence – for Selene has never before had a place to belong.
NIGHT COURT CARETAKER

@Rostislav

Messages In This Thread
In the moonlight (open to anyone!) - by Selene - 10-21-2017, 05:36 AM
RE: In the moonlight (open to anyone!) - by Rostislav - 10-22-2017, 10:49 PM
RE: In the moonlight (open to anyone!) - by Selene - 10-23-2017, 04:04 AM
RE: In the moonlight (open to anyone!) - by Rostislav - 10-23-2017, 03:18 PM
RE: In the moonlight (open to anyone!) - by Selene - 10-29-2017, 02:55 AM
RE: In the moonlight (open to anyone!) - by Rostislav - 11-01-2017, 05:12 PM
RE: In the moonlight (open to anyone!) - by Selene - 11-19-2017, 06:01 AM
RE: In the moonlight (open to anyone!) - by Rostislav - 11-19-2017, 11:47 PM