Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

Private  - The Dancing & The Dreaming [Festival]

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by [PM] Posts: N/A — Threads:
Akeli

Akeli

It was.

The girl had arrived here alone, tumbled and collapsed into a pile of feathers and long limbs and fear and longing. She had wandered, met new faces, come to the finite decision that Ktulu wasn’t coming, that she had gone somewhere else entirely, that perhaps she hadn’t escaped at all. Akeli had mourned silently, throwing dried flowers into the rushing Apex River, said a quiet goodbye, and then attempted to move on. Life was short and precious and sometimes things ended.

And sometimes, gloriously, miraculously, things endured.

Akeli moves quickly to meet the dark mare, and she nearly cries out when Ktulu does the same. Burrowing beneath the hug, the precious gesture (hugs and open signs of affection had just never quite been the mare’s style) was enjoyed to the fullest. She buries her face into the white locks of the Constrictor’s mane, and though at their first meeting Ktulu had said that her crying was ridiculous, the sparrow didn’t care. Her mother is here, back from the dead, so they will never be separated again, until death decides to call one of them home. ”I’m here, mama, I’m here,” she says, the words tinted with tears and laughter and overwhelming relief and happiness. ”I never thought I would see you again.”

The girl pulls away reluctantly, but she doesn’t want to push her luck with the embrace. She tips her head, a smile burnt into her features. So much had happened, and Akeli, always the talker, wants to tell her everything. Still, perhaps right at this exact moment wasn’t the best time. They would have plenty of time, after all, to catch up, to discuss everything. So instead she takes a moment and just looks, and watches the golden light from the flames play across the woman’s features. It plays against the golden markings on her shoulder, and then she looks past the mare, into the shadows, wondering where he is.

“Eytan, where is he? I’ve missed him, as well.” The bear had been one of her closest friends growing up, and she wanted to see him again, too, plant kisses on his brow, and talk to him and scheme about their next adventure. She had learned that sometimes, there was never a next time. But this reunion was already an exemption to that rule, and she couldn’t imagine in this moment that he wouldn’t have followed her through the portal.

@Ktulu

Messages In This Thread
The Dancing & The Dreaming [Festival] - by Akeli - 10-24-2017, 12:43 PM
RE: The Dancing & The Dreaming [Festival] - by Ktulu - 11-07-2017, 06:30 PM
RE: The Dancing & The Dreaming [Festival] - by Akeli - 11-12-2017, 04:49 PM
RE: The Dancing & The Dreaming [Festival] - by Apollo - 11-20-2017, 09:46 PM