Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

Passing Through  - [All Welcome] Ashes to Ascend

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by [PM] Posts: N/A — Threads:
Deimos

Deimos
   There were no words he knew to describe the sensations in his chest as the sun glistened brilliantly on the horizon, it's colors and dramatic hues so startlingly bright and drastic they stole the air from his lungs. What new land was this, that the sun looked so? Had he somehow fallen into a void between the Above and the Below? Or had he simply entered a new area of existence within the land of the gods? He was interrupted from his awestruck wonder and reverie by a sharp, sarcastic voice, her laughter mocking, and he rose elegantly to his feet, crowned skull turning to find a winged, antlered mare painted in brown and black, with strange runes. Her appearance almost drew him back into that wonder. Thanatos had been the only one of their ilk he could recall that bore wings... what strangeness was this?

"Sunset?" He turned and looked towards that dimming sun, noting how it was already much lower than it had been when he staggered from the tunnels. That strangeness in his chest did something, a rapid pulse, and he twitched, lowering his head to brush his muzzle across his chest, a light frown on his features. "No, I have never gazed upon a... sunset, before." Then his blue gaze focused on her sharply, and with a toss of his head he turned to face her, ears erect. "Are all the folk here so rude as to make light of a new experience for another?" Movement caught his attention, and from the side came another mare, but this one as different from the brash girl above him as an Undying was to a Mindless. Her tone is cautious, less a question and more of an observation, and he flicked an ear with a faint, rueful expression. "I suppose you could say I am disorientated."

There were so many things to think upon, so many different emotions and thoughts whirling in his head. What was this new rhythm in his chest, why was the sun growing dimmer and the world darker? How were there so many colors? Even the Above had been mostly brilliant white and gold, to see so many hues painting even the darkened sky was almost beyond his comprehension. The grey mare's words to the winged girl caught his attention, and he turned his focus fully to her. "Solterran? Is that your race?" The word was foreign to him, as everything was growing to be.
Waiting for the rest of me to die

@Nephele @Seraphina

Messages In This Thread
[All Welcome] Ashes to Ascend - by Deimos - 10-28-2017, 01:24 PM
RE: [All Welcome] Ashes to Ascend - by Nephele - 11-01-2017, 03:45 AM
RE: [All Welcome] Ashes to Ascend - by Seraphina - 11-02-2017, 07:10 PM
RE: [All Welcome] Ashes to Ascend - by Deimos - 11-02-2017, 11:25 PM
RE: [All Welcome] Ashes to Ascend - by Nephele - 11-07-2017, 02:59 AM