Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

All Welcome  - gone with the fallen leaves

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by [PM] Posts: N/A — Threads:
Himawari

Growing up, Himawari had always dreamed of the world outside the borders of her home - of what she might discover there, should she choose to wander. But it had never really occurred to her that things might be different - or at least, just how different they might be.

But the promise of safety helps to put her anxious mind at ease, the tension in her muscles seeming to melt away with a sigh. "Safe is good. I like safe." An unusual statement coming from a girl who had, perhaps, done one of the most unsafe things she could think of.

Funny how that happens.

She's well aware of how his voice goes soft on the last part, how the question is presented to her with a hint of hesitation. She shrugs, a flippant motion for such a question.

"I don't know," is her initial answer, and it's the only answer she can give that's completely honest. "How can I? I've been here less than a day." She wants to say yes, but the word feels heavy on her tongue and in her soul. The weight of it causes her to shy back from giving a definite answer, fearing the repercussions of a life lived too hastily. "Although, there must be something nice about it if you got here the same way I did and haven't left yet." She replies, her lips quirking into a playful smile. Perhaps she should take it as a positive reflection of this Novus.

She shifts her gaze away from him then, peering out from their shaded vantage point and across the empty meadow. It's hard to believe they're still alone, though she's thankful for his company. The distant sound of the wind fills the empty spaces of their conversation, and she finds the sound comforting, familiar; autumn had always been her favorite time of year.

"Is it always this quiet?" She finally asks, motioning to the empty space around them with a sweeping arc of her nose. "Back home, things were much more... lively, you could say. I'm not sure I could ever get used to this."

Patience was a virtue she did not possess.

@Asterion aww I'm glad you like her <3 more apologies for my not-so-great posts, she's still so new!

Messages In This Thread
gone with the fallen leaves - by Himawari - 10-28-2017, 04:07 PM
RE: gone with the fallen leaves - by Asterion - 10-29-2017, 10:51 AM
RE: gone with the fallen leaves - by Himawari - 10-30-2017, 06:58 PM
RE: gone with the fallen leaves - by Asterion - 10-31-2017, 11:54 AM
RE: gone with the fallen leaves - by Himawari - 11-03-2017, 03:50 PM
RE: gone with the fallen leaves - by Asterion - 11-04-2017, 08:40 PM
RE: gone with the fallen leaves - by Himawari - 11-10-2017, 06:32 PM
RE: gone with the fallen leaves - by Asterion - 11-15-2017, 12:52 PM