Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

All Welcome  - gone with the fallen leaves

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by [PM] Posts: N/A — Threads:
Himawari

Himawari stares up at her companion, observing closely as pensiveness, followed by mirth, flicks across his features. A smile of her own pulls at the corners of her lips in response, and it is like a ton of boulders that a sudden feeling of hope hits her. Hope that, maybe, this whole thing hadn't been in vain - these weeks of unyielding loneliness and uncertainty. She is rapt with attention as he continues to speak, her own tongue feeling paralyzed by this sudden tidal wave of emotion.

It is when he extends an offer to accompany him home that she is finally broken from her silence. Blinking at her companion several times, her lips in a futile attempt to grasp at words that just aren't there. "Well... I mean..." she stumbles, feeling foolish; how many times must she end up the blubbering fool?

"You want me to go home with you?" She finally manages, and despite her struggles to say it, the statement appears to amuse her. She turns her face away from him, the laugh that falls from her lips disappearing into the autumnal air around them. "You sure like to take things fast." Her gentle teasing does a superb job of concealing the anxiety that bubbles just beneath her skin. She's unsure if she has the strength to follow him there. She feels spent of energy, stamina depleted by her poorly planned maiden expedition. She fears if she stands any longer, her legs may simply give out. But the distant promise of a new life - or at least the possibility of one - makes her feel revitalized.

"Well," she begins again after a long moment, "given my current circumstances, I'd be hard-pressed to say no." Her eyes flicker towards the horizon - the sun will be setting soon, and the pair will have to travel against the burgeoning night. But if he will guide her, she will follow.

(( @Asterion so sorry for the crap post ;w; I wanted to wrap this thread up so I could throw up that open one in the Court. ))

Messages In This Thread
gone with the fallen leaves - by Himawari - 10-28-2017, 04:07 PM
RE: gone with the fallen leaves - by Asterion - 10-29-2017, 10:51 AM
RE: gone with the fallen leaves - by Himawari - 10-30-2017, 06:58 PM
RE: gone with the fallen leaves - by Asterion - 10-31-2017, 11:54 AM
RE: gone with the fallen leaves - by Himawari - 11-03-2017, 03:50 PM
RE: gone with the fallen leaves - by Asterion - 11-04-2017, 08:40 PM
RE: gone with the fallen leaves - by Himawari - 11-10-2017, 06:32 PM
RE: gone with the fallen leaves - by Asterion - 11-15-2017, 12:52 PM