Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

All Welcome  - || a new hope dawns {relic contest}

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by [PM] Posts: N/A — Threads:
Venari

Venari's pace continued in an idle walk, the antlered stag taking in the sights all around him. This relic quest was beginning to take over his life, his fragile mind grasping at the opportunity to so easily insert himself within the community. By now, it appeared that a lot of the local equines were also partaking in the same quest, meaning that they could come together and search as a group, making the feat easier for all. He had yet to meet someone truly violent or hostile in nature as a result of this quest and that fact pleased him greatly. The soft dawn light bounced from the historic brickwork as his orbs settled on some more etched markings. He halted, taking in the foreign words. They looked like a different language, meaning he couldn't make much sense of them. Regardless, he tried to stare at them in the foolish hope that they may morph into his native tongue, or that he would begin to understand them. He tilted his head and then moved on with a small inward laugh. Of course they weren't going to change. Maybe one day he would understand the scribblings. 

He carried on with his walk around the perimeter, eager to find something to make all this time worthwhile. Yet, in his gut, he knew this would be a futile location. Ven shrugged off the doubt and carried on with his quick scanning and steady pace. Forming in his peripheral vision was another figure. The initial blurriness of the other spooked him somewhat, the stag reacting in a halt and a mini rear, his forelegs curling beneath him for a fraction of a second. As all four feet landed on the ground, Venari shook his head in annoyance of himself; what a way to start an encounter. Before even properly seeing the other, he spoke out to them in an apologetic tone. "Sorry, my mind was elswhere," he began to explain as his orbs landed upon the stranger. 

A scent wafted into his nostrils, indicating that it was in fact a mare. Upon a glance, she did appear more slender than others he had met, fitting in with the smell he had just registered. Her framework was a light roan, freckled with a few darker spots and tovero markings. Her head was a darker roan in hue, along with her legs. The height she reached was just short of his own, but only marginally so; it still meant he looked straight ahead instead of up or down. "Greetings, my name is Venari," he spoke softly to her, nodding his head in a sign of respect. Overall, her demeanour appeared reserved and submissive and he tried to match it with a calm and soft approach of his own. 

Catching his gaze was a familiar stallion this time. He boldly approached, introducing himself as Damascus. The towering figure should have felt threatening to Venari, but it was hard to feel out of depth around such a bubbly character. From previous encounters, the stag assumed he meant no harm and was just as invested in the quest as he was. It was good to see him around so often, perhaps the pair could bond a little from their same intentions. "Hello again, Damascus," he said with a smile and a bob of his head. "I'm Venari; out searching again I see?"

TAGGED: @Inara & @Damascus & Open
NOTES: Inara and Damascus are so adorable, I loved reading these replies <33
TIMELINE: Fourth relic location, second day

I

Messages In This Thread
|| a new hope dawns {relic contest} - by Venari - 06-08-2017, 05:37 AM
RE: || a new hope dawns {relic contest} - by Inara - 06-08-2017, 11:28 AM
RE: || a new hope dawns {relic contest} - by Damascus - 06-09-2017, 05:09 AM
RE: || a new hope dawns {relic contest} - by Venari - 06-09-2017, 05:52 AM
RE: || a new hope dawns {relic contest} - by Inara - 06-10-2017, 12:33 PM
RE: || a new hope dawns {relic contest} - by Kaladin - 06-10-2017, 01:10 PM