Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

Worship  - zanarkand. [tw]

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by [PM] Posts: N/A — Threads:
Thaleia

T H A L E I A 

SEAWATER LIKE SUGAR ON HER LIPS -

Her words cling to the statues like silver ornaments; glowing and unanswered, but beautiful all the same. Curious, Leia wonders at the piles of trinkets and coins and herbs at the feet of each swirl and pillar. Wonders if the nameless gods can hear her silent pleas, her wishes, and maybe even her dreams. Wonders if her own goddess can hear her; despite the distance, despite what she had done. Even as if every breath that graces her lips tastes of ash and dust and Death itself. No matter if she curses the lifeblood in her veins and the beat of her heart.. for she desires nothing more than to have perished alongside those who mean the world and more to her.

Do you speak to the gods?

The voice that breaks through the quiet of the mountain is not her own, and she suddenly wonders if one of this realm's gods or goddesses have deigned to speak to her. Maybe not Calypso, but one of her brothers. Poseidon and Triton, perhaps.. maybe one of the twin sea kings have found their ocean daughter, their Blue princess, their Takarian queen. She, so very far away from the endless cerulean seas. She, for the first time in her life, amongst the stars. Atop the highest peak, in a circular alcove, a holy temple of the divine.

She had never been more confused, more lost, more sorrowful than she had in that one moment. One moment of uncertainty. So Leia turns, unsure of herself, as her loneliness overwhelms her in waves of deepest blue and grey. Drowning in her emotions. Silver orbs catch in the darkness that gathers, an ivory man stepping into the autumn gloom that slithers in the corners where the shadows of night grow. Her gaze widens to behold him, noting the slivers of moonlight dancing along his skin, but instead, she hones in the stranger's gaze. How in the dead of night, the pools of darkness pierce her so. She suddenly is overcome by how laid bare she is; how her emotions are plain on her face, like an open book that anyone could read. Everything that burns through her is on her sleeve, a bleeding heart.

Forgive me.

"There is nothing to forgive," she says, her words true and miserable as they hang in the air between them like cold stars. The pupiless silver of her eyes softens as she tilts her crown, her lips chapped as tears brim her eyes. But they do not spill, instead only threatening to line her cheeks in droplets of sadness. "Do you believe they can hear us? Do you believe they listen to our prayers?" Our deepest wishes, our dreams, our hopes? No matter how ugly they are? she asks silently. Broken, her words catching in her throat, her tongue suddenly dry.

Oh, how she nearly crumbles at the feet of these statues, the weight of her pain too great. "I do not know the gods that rule this world, but I hope they can hear me now."

@Eik eeeep yay!! <3 thanks for joining in c:
"Thaleia speech."

Messages In This Thread
zanarkand. [tw] - by Thaleia - 11-05-2017, 05:42 AM
RE: zanarkand. - by Eik - 11-08-2017, 12:44 PM
RE: zanarkand. - by Thaleia - 11-11-2017, 06:20 AM
RE: zanarkand. - by Eik - 11-15-2017, 05:01 PM
RE: zanarkand. - by Thaleia - 11-24-2017, 02:24 AM
RE: zanarkand. [tw] - by Eik - 11-27-2017, 01:23 AM