Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

Private  - tea for every occasion

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by [PM] Posts: N/A — Threads:
Isorath

I S O R A T H

THE SPIRE OF THE SUN

He's not surprised that the Dusk Queen questions his intentions. It would be foolish not too, he supposed, and expected. A Kingdom's worries or personal curiosity. Fools and lovers have lost all their cards on such simple slips. It's his turn to divert his attention, focused with practiced quietness at the steam which curled from the expensive, exquisite cups. The gilded shimmer of enchanted arbor laced in the silver smoke.

For a moment he wished for his dragons, he wished for the warmth of his magic swelling in his breast to set him afire.

"I loved a Queen once." Nonchalance draped heavily on the words as he turned to watch the birds in their palaces of bark and leaves. It's said so suddenly, which shatters the illusion, as if blurted and hastily masked to hide the wound on his heart. "I loved her deeply, terribly. With everything I had. Everything I was." A breath is exhaled with a fleeting smile. "She was sunshine, wisteria flowers and fairy tales spun in shades of gold. Summer given flesh with a songbird's voice. I made the gardens bloom in winter for her, just to see her smile. Love is uncomplicated when there is nothing threatening to sheer those delicate threads." Momentarily his gaze flicked back to Florentine's own, studying the crystal hues of violet with veiled ones of his own. Slitted pupils remained misted with melancholy nostalgia, warmth tinged with sadness as his great, soft leathery wings shifted in place against his sides. "I miss her on occasion. I hear she is well these days." Isorath added as a fond after thought, and slipped into silence to sip his tea.

"I ask for both reasons, I suppose. As a member of the Court concerned for the future of the Kingdom which he calls home, and as a man who burned for love. A King who was willing to send his Kingdom to war for that love." The last part picks at the wound that had healed delicately, picking at the corner until it wept red rivulets over porcelain. The Dusk Queen's next question provoked a scaled brow to lift, a smudge of surprise striking across his ethereal features. It's quickly masked over with cool contemplation.

He had thrown himself against the jagged rocks once for love, he'd given himself up to the fire to be reborn from it's ashes. Isorath knows the pain, love is a fickle and dangerous thing, when the heart's delicate threads were laced with the weight of a Crown. He'd scorched his bones to be rid of it and yet...

no, he thinks to himself. The resolution which echoed in his hallowed halls only speared him upon his sword again, the wound opens up further and the halls stain red. It stings, down to the marrow of his bones and threatens to well in his eyes. "My place is here, even if my search for secrets and histories take me near and far. Terrastella is my home." He responded, slow and diligent in the control he exerted over his words.

'Do you doubt I will?'

"Do not take it as an insult, your highness." All charm and taeyrn lilt, his smile is soft but firm on his sharp face. "I said similar to my love, when I first came to her Court and I was but a stranger from a strange land. I muttered the same to myself when I was crowned not once, but twice. It gives us a fire in here." A golden talon tapped at his chest with a huff of a laugh. "Such words keep us focused and driven, if our ears are filled with praises and constant approval, it can veil our vision of the true picture. Others may use it to gain positions of value, and further their own gains." He paused long enough to set the delicate tea pot up to brew more cups. "I will never be such, I have little time for compliments and assurances that are not true. My observations, councils and opinions may be sharp, my Queen, but I do so to make sure that the realm is secure. That your picture is clear."

At her decision to build her Court, an ascension into the Grand Game, he can only smile. It is one long coming, if one cast an eye at the other Courts. Day and Night currently dominated the board, it felt only right that now a third player entered. "I take it you already have idea's as to whom you would like to uplift to your council?"

@Florentine
it's no problem dear!
space

Messages In This Thread
tea for every occasion - by Isorath - 11-06-2017, 04:06 PM
RE: tea for every occasion - by Florentine - 11-10-2017, 01:09 PM
RE: tea for every occasion - by Isorath - 11-10-2017, 05:03 PM
RE: tea for every occasion - by Florentine - 11-13-2017, 11:09 AM
RE: tea for every occasion - by Isorath - 11-27-2017, 11:09 AM
RE: tea for every occasion - by Florentine - 12-29-2017, 03:30 PM
RE: tea for every occasion - by Isorath - 12-31-2017, 04:06 PM
RE: tea for every occasion - by Florentine - 01-02-2018, 09:38 AM