Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

Private  - tea for every occasion

Users browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)

Played by [PM] Posts: N/A — Threads:
Isorath

I S O R A T H

THE SPIRE OF THE SUN

It was strange, like walking down winding hall ways you used to remember, in a place that had once felt like home. It had been so much brighter. There wasn't a thin film of dust, paintings covered by fabric desperately trying to maintain their colors, gemstones glittering with cracked luster. Even the fires seemed to be devoid of true light. Yet, there is warmth there, despite the sadness.

Cherished memories carefully maintained, to be peered at when his heart yearned to know even an echo of something.

"She was." He agreed easily. "I have a feeling the two of you would of made fast friends, if she was here." Isorath added after a moment, he could see it, crowns of flowers and the sweet scent of floral perfume. Hummingbirds and sunshine. At the inquiry of what happened, the careful illusion fractured, another piece falling away and shattering into naught but slivers. "She was kidnapped by a rival king, in response, I summoned a War Council to be answered by the remaining Courts. They answered, all of them, and we were to march our best into the King's Colosseum and bring him down. It was either that or our armies marched. Though that never came to happen, he released her, suddenly. Perhaps it was because he sensed his rule was in jeoprady. We thought it was over, but he poisoned her. She never recovered, and eventually, one night she disappeared." He had never understood that, how she had just left like a blossom on the breeze. It had sundered him, made him bitter. Made him angry and yet now...he could not hate her for it.

Love stories would always be whimsical, beautiful at the start, a sonnet for the ages. It had been, until it wasn't. Some were fortunate to never have their song end, but Isorath hadn't been so blessed. What was a Crown, when you had no one to share it with? With ash in your mouth and a hole in your heart?

So he had hardened himself, remade himself in the fire.

"Whether it is good wisdom, is up to interpretation." He laughed, a glint in his eye that wasn't there before. "But, wisdom and experience will come to you too, in time. The Crown will get easier to bear, and so will the affairs of the Heart and Mind. I have faith in you." Isorath concluded with a gentle tilt of his scaled face, strands of spun moonlight sliding across his face to curl over his cheekbones.

I have plans for my council and, now I know you plan to stay with us, will you consider being my Regent, Isorath?

It was not what he had expected. A champion, perhaps. An Emissary at best, he had been building ties to Denocte, and had plans to move to Day and Dawn in pursuit of knowledge — why not politics instead? But Regent..."You honor me." Is his first response, surprised and delighted. "I will happily be your Regent, I hope I will live up to your plans and expectations."

The twilight queen is quick to unveil the first of her plans, once the question had been allowed to linger. Isorath listened intently, as he moved to refresh their cups and settle back upon the plush cushions. "A festival? A good way to celibrate your crowning, as well as celebrate the winter. Also good for broaching relations with the other courts more steadily, you have sent aid to Solterra already, which is a critical first step. I'll make arrangements to leave to Delumine shortly."

@Florentine
eeeee I'm ready
space

Messages In This Thread
tea for every occasion - by Isorath - 11-06-2017, 04:06 PM
RE: tea for every occasion - by Florentine - 11-10-2017, 01:09 PM
RE: tea for every occasion - by Isorath - 11-10-2017, 05:03 PM
RE: tea for every occasion - by Florentine - 11-13-2017, 11:09 AM
RE: tea for every occasion - by Isorath - 11-27-2017, 11:09 AM
RE: tea for every occasion - by Florentine - 12-29-2017, 03:30 PM
RE: tea for every occasion - by Isorath - 12-31-2017, 04:06 PM
RE: tea for every occasion - by Florentine - 01-02-2018, 09:38 AM