Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

Worship  - Tell me what I should believe - AW

Users browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)

Played by [PM] Posts: N/A — Threads:
Eros

“I mean, I’ve never seen it done like that before?” He thinks back to his youth, trying to remember what his parents had told him to say, how they had told him kneel, when they had told him to school his expression into something meant to resemble solemn respect, but had always felt like sorrow (and he supposes, in a way, he was grieving something). “I’m sure there are lots of ways to pray, though,” Eros reassures with a small smile. Maybe prayer can be hopeful.

His eyes follow as she gestures toward the gods’ altars, listing their names, and wonders which would be most receptive to his wish. She says she knows of only their names and lands, but he doesn’t have much anyone else to ask; he hopes she might have some scrap of knowledge for him.

Ideally, he would like to direct his prayer toward the most loving and caring deity, one likely to listen and sympathize. “Oh, so you don’t happen to, um—Do you maybe know what any of them value?,” he asks, fumbling with the question at first in his embarrassment at seeming needy, or thoroughly clueless. Eros doesn’t want her to think him daft or weak.

Sure, maybe that’s how he often feels these days: much more like the sad, awkward foal he had once been than the beautiful stallion he had thought he could grow into, but he doesn’t want her to know that. He wants to be independent and self-sufficient and to come across as so. The past few months have given him ample time to work on that, but it can be hard not to rely on others sometimes. “I do like to think there’s someone looking out for us, but I don't know.” Most of the time it’s just pretty lonely.

thank you for being so patient ;u; <3
(also this isn't my best, but i did want to get something up for you)

Messages In This Thread
RE: Tell me what I should believe - AW - by Eros - 11-12-2017, 03:19 PM
RE: Tell me what I should believe - AW - by Eros - 01-20-2018, 04:06 PM
RE: Tell me what I should believe - AW - by Eros - 02-18-2018, 06:04 PM
RE: Tell me what I should believe - AW - by Eros - 03-21-2018, 04:20 PM
RE: Tell me what I should believe - AW - by Eros - 08-05-2018, 07:37 PM