Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

All Welcome  - should i grow weary of the dark

Users browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)

Played by [PM] Posts: N/A — Threads:
Ipomoea

IPOMOEA
lay me down in golden dandelions ‘cause i’ve been waiting 
Despite the joke he’d made, Ipomoea did not truly believe his king to be capable of such a thing, such a betrayal. It was true, he had heard the stories, listened for himself to the whispers that followed Kasil whenever he left the confines of the capitol—though if Kasil himself heard them, he certainly was excellent at pretending he did not. But Ipomoea had also talked to him first hand, had taken care to study him, actions and words and somber, pensive moments like these included. Even in his quieter moments, the Delumine king’s love for his city and his Court was obvious. Ipomoea trusted him in this.

And was glad to see him again. Perhaps it was his own fault, his own absence, that got in the way of their once frequent meetings. All of the lessons and studies had kept Ipomoea locked within the libraries, breaking free only on rare occasions such as these to get a breath of fresh air and to immerse himself back in the nature he so loved. He hadn’t realized his new role as Emissary would be quite so time consuming—or at least, he had expected to spend more time traveling than reading! It wasn’t to say the etiquette and history lessons were boring, for knowledge of all kinds enthralled him, but his expectations had, once again, proved far different than reality.

The sound of wingbeats overhead drew his attention away from Kasil and his thoughts, both ears tilting back towards the direction of rushing wind. Rosé eyes lit up at the appearance of Somnus, and Po was quick to take a step back to widen their makeshift circle to include the third stallion.

He listened with interest to their lighthearted  banter, a smile crinkling the corners of his eyes with mirth—but he didn’t dare laugh out loud, not having been there himself. But his imagination was wild enough to paint a picture in his mind for him, based on the story that had previously been recounted: he could easily imagine the shock mirroring Kasil’s and Somnus’ faces alike, equally surprised by the weight of the book as it flew across the library.

”Oh, I know what you mean.” Again, Kasil’s voice interrupted his thoughts. ”I had to bring my book out here, to get away from the libraries for a bit… it’s too quiet in there for my liking.” He turned his sparkling gaze back to his king, feeble telekinesis shuffling his book from one side to the other. One ear twitched, a quizzical frown tugging the corners of his mouth to the side: all of the important pieces of the regime. Was he missing something?

“Po, I’d like you to formally meet our new regent -- Somnus” The pieces fell into place with a nearly audible, satisfying click, much like solving a puzzle.

“Oh, Somnus! Congratulations!” Ipomoea’s enthusiasm was unbounded, taking a few rapid steps forward to throw his neck about the dunalino’s withers. “I’d say he did indeed! The Harvest festival was the most fun Novus has seen in a while, Dawn was lucky to have such a great orchestrator for it.” His head bobbed along in agreement to Kasil’s question as he released the new regent, though he remained close. The company surrounding him simply felt right—perhaps it was Ipomoea’s youth or naivety clouding his judgement, but his cerise gaze shimmered with an ease that was quickly becoming his norm, the longer he spent in Delumine. This court was his home, and the two men before him his family: the world simply made sense this way.

“We should throw another celebration for such an announcement,” his tone turned coy and playful, the memories of the last festival thudding through his mind. Ipomoea certainly wouldn’t mind another party—Somnus had already proved himself capable of throwing together such a feat—so long as there was more cherry wine to partake of.

text. “talk!”
@kasil @Somnus!
a little choppy, but ahh i love these three ;o; ignore Po’s lack of personal space pls

coding by meverrnind
art by neverrmind
<3

Messages In This Thread
should i grow weary of the dark - by Kasil - 11-24-2017, 07:20 PM
RE: should i grow weary of the dark - by Ipomoea - 11-24-2017, 10:02 PM
RE: should i grow weary of the dark - by Somnus - 12-21-2017, 10:14 PM
RE: should i grow weary of the dark - by Kasil - 01-08-2018, 04:34 PM
RE: should i grow weary of the dark - by Ipomoea - 01-20-2018, 01:32 AM