Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

All Welcome  - I lived like a man, oh, I'll die like a king

Users browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)

Played by Offline Rae [PM] Posts: 301 — Threads: 41
Signos: 15
Inactive Character

He's taken some time, recently, to come here. Watching the trees change color has tickled his mind with thoughts of space and time and change and the cycle of it all, the endless, tiresome repetition of days, months, years.

(lifetimes she whispers in the back of your mind, in that funny place, and you suspect you are one of many daydreams, and together you make an army of sad ghosts.)

Today is likely the last time he will come here for a while. It is a fairly long journey, and already Solterra lures him back with the task of restoring the damaged court and the promise of learning to read. Anyway, the chill of winter has stripped most of the trees of their leaves, the grand show of fall is mostly over. There is not much for him here anymore, not for a while at least.

As he wanders the half-naked forest, the orange and brown carpet crackling beneath his hooves, a soft rain begins to fall. It never rained much in the tundra he grew up in. he pauses to listen to the rain hitting the leaves and ground around him. New smells rise as the water soaks into the ground, and it feels as if he's been transported to another world. He raises his head to the sky, and the small, warmish drops pitter-patter on his face like a hundred drums. He does not smile, but a warm, calm feeling settles in his chest.

His reveries are broken by the sound of approaching footsteps, although he does not yet draw his face away from the rain- he is savoring the sensory delights of the moment. "Isn't it beautiful?" He murmurs, hushed, as though they stand in a cathedral.

-     -     -
There is no better way to know us
E I K
than as two wolves, come separately to a wood

Aren't starter posts always boring? For @Ipomoea, although I suppose anyone is welcome to join in after him ^^ (beep boop)

Time makes fools of us all

Messages In This Thread
I lived like a man, oh, I'll die like a king - by Eik - 12-01-2017, 06:10 PM
RE: I lived like a man, oh, I'll die like a king - by Ipomoea - 01-21-2018, 08:55 PM
RE: I lived like a man, oh, I'll die like a king - by Ipomoea - 01-31-2018, 03:46 PM
RE: I lived like a man, oh, I'll die like a king - by Ipomoea - 04-08-2018, 07:36 PM
RE: I lived like a man, oh, I'll die like a king - by Ipomoea - 06-10-2018, 04:13 PM