Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

All Welcome  - Dream of you {Relic Contest}

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by [PM] Posts: N/A — Threads:
Reichenbach

[Image: 118oync.jpg]

" i feel so much
that it is hard
for me at times
to feel anything
at all "

He had been to the creek before - many times, in fact, and yet the serenity of the place never failed to inspire him. This was a place untouched by courtly politics and whispers, standing outside of the other realms, as independent and ancient as the slow burble of the creeks path. It was perhaps not one of the wildest territories, nor the most awe-inspiring - but it called to his blood as much as the heat of the sun or the whisper of the stars, it's passionate history as labyrinthine as Denocte's - if not more so. How many lovers had come before him? How many secret loves had it seen? How many great ones? The thought brought the slightest of smiles to his velveteen lips as he picked his way upstream toward the sound of voices.

He hadn't initially planned to seek them out - those feminine, cool voices, but he was a curious man, and one that rarely turned down company. So he paused at the creeks bend and peered through long lashed eyes at the pair conversing within the delicate embrace of the creek, a smile hooking his lips at how paradoxical they looked together. The first looked positively angelic. Her skin was made of delicate porcelain tipped by the softest pink, with lips that looked as if they would taste sweet and subtle and hair that slipped to the earth in waves of alabaster silk - and she was as tall as he, although more slender and feminine. The second was the night sky turned woman, with star-spun skin and the milky way of her hair cascading in the lightest waves, though it was her eyes that Reich could not help but to lose himself in. He could have been stranded upon the ocean shore with a tempest, not staring at her long lashed eyes. They were storm-ridden, sharp, dangerous. 

Paradoxical indeed. 

Silence fell between them like a heavy blanket and the Night Court warrior stepped into the midst of that silence, ebony curls bouncing and a jovial grin upon his handsome, rough hewn face. 

"I believe it is a relic of Tempus, the original creator of our world."

His voice was a warm breeze, low and lyrical, humoured but sincere. He grinned, offering;

"I am Reichenbach, a warrior of the Night Court." There was a small pause, then he added "Apologies for the interruption. I am also seeking the relic, though not for my own gain."

In truth, he sought the relic mostly to keep it from hands that might use it for unsavoury purposes - no good could come of a relic that was once held by the original creator, at least no good that could not be corrupted. Reichenbach had made no plans of what to do with the relic if he did find it, perhaps cast it into the sea or bury it under stone for another millennia. The fact that the Courts were all in a state of limbo with their Sovereigns had made the world of Novus ambitious, chaotic... power hungry. If he were not to find the relic, Reich hoped it did not fall into the hands of someone that would use it against the fragile peace the hung so precariously around them. 

@Weir @Yana you both write so beautifully! <3

Messages In This Thread
Dream of you {Relic Contest} - by Weir - 06-12-2017, 02:05 AM
RE: Dream of you {Relic Contest} - by Yana - 06-12-2017, 01:32 PM
RE: Dream of you {Relic Contest} - by Weir - 06-12-2017, 05:18 PM
RE: Dream of you {Relic Contest} - by Reichenbach - 06-13-2017, 01:16 AM
RE: Dream of you {Relic Contest} - by Yana - 06-20-2017, 01:42 PM
RE: Dream of you {Relic Contest} - by Weir - 07-28-2017, 11:28 PM