Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

All Welcome  - breathing dreams like air

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by [PM] Posts: N/A — Threads:
Ossian

Holy water cannot help you now

"This is Novus." 

Novus. Dusk Court. Ossian tenderly reached out for the names, handling them with the care of a tentative child. Novus. It sound exotic and astral, like the lands in Ama's moonlit novels that had enchanted him from the youngest of ages. In those long-loved tales he had followed his mother's voice into the night, behind closed lids he had visualised white-walled castles and burning gold skies stretching before his own sunfire eyes. Would Novus behold such fairytale wonders? Ossian's dreams had always been brimming: too full, too doused with a love for the ethereal - perhaps at last his dreams might yet come true. The boy lost himself within the chasmic library of his mind for a moment, tracing fine fingers along the memories of his beautiful oceanic youth; wandering the great halls of the past. A final flash of Ama's smile - it had always reminded him of sunlight reflecting upon water: blinding, stainless, pure. 

And then, once more, into the present. Time was for the now. 

The stranger spoke once more, and this time Ossian truly listened - calmer, steadier - to the inflection of this man's voice. It was like the gentle flush of ocean spray; cool and assuring, yet foreign all the same. Wide eyes grew wider still at the mention of an invitation - his thoughts glittered and scattered like stars across a dark dark sky - radiant glimmers of excitement, of anxiety, of hope. It seemed he had found himself washed up on the shores of a world full of life. To think, also, that this dark stranger was offering him respite within that world made Ossian's chest bloom and his head spin; gratitude bleeding from his pores. It was overwhelming, clogging his every sense, and as a cold wind whipped once more around his damp black skin Ossian could not help but find sanctuary in the man's utterance of nearby caves. He had lived his entire life within them, after all. "I - Ah, the cave will be perfect I'm sure." His own words are fluctuant; a salt-licked throat struggling to deflect the shyness that clawed at him insistently. As a child that had been raised with only the company of his mother, conversation with anyone else did not come naturally.

"Did you - did you swim here?"

For the first time, Ossian smiled. And it was a remarkable thing from a boy so untouched. 

"No, gosh," he shook his wet white hair, glancing once more over his shoulder at the rolling sea, "A boat - I found it, I tried... it broke." His smile faded, frustrated at his inability to convey such a simple story. Or perhaps it was anything but simple. 

Ossian tried again. "What is your calling? Ama called me Ossian."

NOTES: @asterion <333

Messages In This Thread
breathing dreams like air - by Ossian - 12-13-2017, 09:23 AM
RE: breathing dreams like air - by Asterion - 12-14-2017, 04:29 PM
RE: breathing dreams like air - by Ossian - 12-27-2017, 07:52 AM
RE: breathing dreams like air - by Asterion - 01-11-2018, 11:24 AM
RE: breathing dreams like air - by Ossian - 01-23-2018, 05:54 PM
RE: breathing dreams like air - by Asterion - 02-02-2018, 03:17 PM
RE: breathing dreams like air - by Ossian - 03-07-2018, 06:29 PM
RE: breathing dreams like air - by Asterion - 03-15-2018, 11:57 AM
RE: breathing dreams like air - by Ossian - 03-21-2018, 07:17 AM